project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Techtree  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Techtree
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:27:04 am »
Could u guys please update Wiki on techtree? It seem the research requirements there r kinda out of date.

I have and UFO scout, fighter and harverster in my hangars and cant research any of them.
The stunning pistol also never appeared.

I researched the entire human initial research tree, taman autopsy, breathing devive, stun rod, plasma granade and pistol, plasma rocket, alien armour and the human upgrade one, kerblade, UFO theory, alien material, anti-matter, etc.

Kinda frustrating not to find what am I missing to research it.

Obs: Im playing last dev build uploaded by odie. (24580)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Techtree
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 12:33:04 pm »
If you've researched UFO Theory, you should be able to research the UFOs. If you can't, that's a bug.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »
I'll start a new game and see if it persists.

By  the way, "UFO theory" just opened for me after I recovered a fighter, even having already captured a scout and a harverster.

Shouldn't it open with any UFO I can recover instead of just the fighter?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:42:03 pm »
Yes it should.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:33:37 pm »
Well, Here is the game history for some bug tracking.

My Main base was constructed to be a Production only base. It was built with everything for it including small and large UFO hangars.
My second Base was to be my main research base (70 scientists). Was built with no UFO hangars originally.

As i caught a harverster and a scout on main base, both equivalent researchs appeared on research screen, but blocked (requiring some previous research). UFO theory didn't open.
Then I replaced the scout on main base with a fighter. Same thing. Appeared on research as blocked. But UFO theory finally opened.
Researching UFO theory didnt open any of the scout, fighter or harverster researches.

I though maybe that was because i didnt have them on the actual research base (well, it shoudnt, but I tested anyway), so I created 3 labs and a living quarter on a 3rd base along with a largo UFO hangar and 2 small ones.
I transfered UFOs there and research still didnt open.

To test if it was connected to main research base (Only one existing when the research actually opened on research screen and to test also if it was a bug concerning tranfering UFO between bases, I destroyed 2 labs and a living quarter on main base and created a small UFO hangar and a large one. then, intead of tranfering, I waited to catch a fresh UFO scout on it.
Still can't research anything.

I'm ataching the save directory. Go for Slot 0.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:44:29 pm »
your attachment is 0bytes long.

There is something strange with UFO Theory research I know. It appears only after a time or if you open the research screen. Shouldn't work that way but I didn't check it.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:05:17 pm »
Wtf? Ill try sending it again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:43 am »
In the savegame UFO Theory was already researched, but researchable statusflag was incorrect. That flag is useless IMO as a tech is researchable on one base may not be researchable on another (and vice-versa). From r24622 researchable status is rechecked when you open the menu. So Scout research on the second base is opened. (Note that you could start the scout research, but it was displayed incorrectly.)

I've found another bug while testing: Destroying UFO Hangars on the third base didn't destroy the UFOs stored..

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 04:18:34 am »
Whats intended behaviour? (Assuming UFO theory is researched)

a) As soon as u catch a UFO in ANY base, that UFO type research opens in all bases.

b) As soon as u catch a UFO, the research for that type is available only on the base its stored.

Thx for the help testing the savefile geever!

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:28:24 am »
By the way, got last Odie build (R24618, not 24622 yet).

Updateing and load save did nothing for my research (as expected, since this version is before the fix), but catching a new harvester opened both scout and harverster research (not fighter). Weird...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 11:13:01 am »
I should explain how it works. Tech have conditions: AND conditions and OR conditions; and a time value (time is the delay the research shown up after collecting an item for example).

Every requirement in AND section and any in OR section should be met to have the research opened. These conditions can be knowing a technology or ownin' certain number of an equipment/stuff. That last is base dependent. There are statusflags statusResearchable and statusCollected which are caching the statusflags. The menu uses them. There is a function which manipulate these these flags by rechecking every prerequisites. That  function is called when a research finished and maybe when a new item is collected but the flags can store statuses for one base only. I didn't remove them yet as it could break many things but ran that recheck function when entering researchscreen.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33:33 pm »
That explanation made things a lot more clear. thx :)