project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: BUGs i found...  (Read 4419 times)

Pharoyar

BUGs i found...
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:06:25 pm »
I guess i wrote on the wrong place the bugs i found... i see this is the place to do this.

So here goes:
- I can´t order to refuel the planes when i want to.
- I can´t select the computer targetting system unless i count the spaces on the quantity colum... the problem seems to start over the missiles or the counter-measures and going down.
- I can´t see the reports after a mission... i only see the name of the .TXT
- I can´t see the results of the researchs when they are concluded... i know nothing of all the things i've been researching about ever since the start of the game (i'm with 8bases, 3.000.000money, nothing more to research and on the month of JULY).
- I can't select a interceptor just by clicking on it... on other words when i click on the plane number5 is the plane number2 that starts the interception and so on. Whenever i have a UFO found, i have save before sending my interceptors so that i can have a error-try-error-try situation.

Pharoyar

Re: BUGs i found...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:09:00 pm »
Another thing... on the Geoscape, the planet seems to have a frame on the part that is not directly in front of me.

odie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:09:32 am »
Hi Pharoyar,

1) First of all, could you list the version (2.2.1 stable, or 2.3 development and version of it) u r using?
(By listing in this forum = for version 2.2.1 stable one from the sourceforge site, is tat ur version?)

2) Did you self compiled this also? If so, on win32, win64, mac or linux (and the operating system and service pack [sp])?

3)  Can u provide a console log / backtrace / screenshots at least? :D

4) Can u detail how u 'could not' do certain things? As in a step by step guide?

5) Providing a save game could also help.....

:D

Pharoyar

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:17:35 pm »
Thanks Odie.

I've solved some of the problems by:
- Changing the translated version in to the English version.
- Reducing the name of the bases.

Screenshots... hummm!!! Will need time to do that.
Savegame... even better. To whom should i send it? Private Message me the Email. ;)

The version is the (2.2.1) and it's for WinXP.

brackja

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:54:11 am »
Originally posted in the wrong place.  This one seems like a better place   

(English win32 2.2.1)  sorry no screen shots right now.

Awesome game!  You may already have these bugs logged, but I couldn't find them.

If the name of your base is too long and a ufo is attacking, when you click on the ufo to send a aircraft or base to attack it the names wrap, but the selector doesn't making you have to click between the entries or click the wrong one to select the correct aircraft.

If you enter a mission with less than 8 soldiers one of the names is lost and changes to whoever was last selected.  If there is less than 7 then the characters weapons will change to another characters and the character names change when clicking through them.

There is one song in the battle section that just screeches white noise for about 5 min.  This is extremely annoying to the user in game play, not to mention scares the crap out of you if the music is turned up and it switches to the screechy song.

The weapons are not evenly gifted.  What I mean by this is that some guns with a short range (close combat machine gun 45 range) can shoot all the way across the board and kill things.  It is also much more powerful than all the other close combat weapons because it shoots about 5 times in reaction fire which will always hit an alien (even well beyond it's range) and the other weapons do not fire near as many times.  The shotgun specifically doesn't really do a lot unless you use it in fletched shell mode.  I did read in one of the month updates that there were some weapon evening adjustments so maybe you already took that into consideration.

Sometimes I get duplicate mail sent in recovery reports.

If I select the auto-sell, then sell 5 or more at a time and click it twice on a different weapons, the auto-sell selection previously made toggles off.

Sometimes the bottom row of the weapons is displayed without a name.  This only happens if the page is long enough to scroll.  Usually about 4 hours into the game. (real time)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:56:51 am by brackja »

odie

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:02:01 pm »
Originally posted in the wrong place.  This one seems like a better place   

(English win32 2.2.1)  sorry no screen shots right now.

Awesome game!  You may already have these bugs logged, but I couldn't find them.

If the name of your base is too long and a ufo is attacking, when you click on the ufo to send a aircraft or base to attack it the names wrap, but the selector doesn't making you have to click between the entries or click the wrong one to select the correct aircraft.

Recommend that you do make it shorter?

To dev: Maybe we should limit the string's max character? Or expand the selection of base's max string.

If you enter a mission with less than 8 soldiers one of the names is lost and changes to whoever was last selected.  If there is less than 7 then the characters weapons will change to another characters and the character names change when clicking through them.

Oh, really? Do u have a savegame for that? I have never entered a battle with <8 soldiers..... interesting.... should try this out.

There is one song in the battle section that just screeches white noise for about 5 min.  This is extremely annoying to the user in game play, not to mention scares the crap out of you if the music is turned up and it switches to the screechy song.

Do u remember which song was that? So far i dun remember coming across a track like that. Even in the current 2.3-dev versions, (with tons more tracks complement to the music team esp Destructavator, who have came up with beautifully made songs) i do not hear something like that before. If u wish, u can try playing the ogg files one by one and zoom in on the errorenous track?

The weapons are not evenly gifted.  What I mean by this is that some guns with a short range (close combat machine gun 45 range) can shoot all the way across the board and kill things.  It is also much more powerful than all the other close combat weapons because it shoots about 5 times in reaction fire which will always hit an alien (even well beyond it's range) and the other weapons do not fire near as many times.  The shotgun specifically doesn't really do a lot unless you use it in fletched shell mode.  I did read in one of the month updates that there were some weapon evening adjustments so maybe you already took that into consideration.

Well, balancing is not yet done even at 2.3-dev stage. So be patient on that. It will take a while to balance the game. For now, the team is at the bugs squashing stage, enhancing the game, and making more music / maps / features, prepping it for 2.3 stable release (which no dates have been stated yet). :D

Sometimes I get duplicate mail sent in recovery reports.

Oh? Have a screenshot of that?

If I select the auto-sell, then sell 5 or more at a time and click it twice on a different weapons, the auto-sell selection previously made toggles off.

Hmmmm, in 2.3-dev current version, i am not able to replicate this issue..... so i dun thnk its existent anymore. :D

Sometimes the bottom row of the weapons is displayed without a name.  This only happens if the page is long enough to scroll.  Usually about 4 hours into the game. (real time)

Screenshot? Which weapon was that (or weapons were those)? At 2.2.1, many of the wpns are still 'new' and w/o proper descriptions / stats. :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 09:09:34 pm »
@odie: This is topic based on 2.2.1. You should know almost everything has changed. ;)

To dev: Maybe we should limit the string's max character? Or expand the selection of base's max string.

It is limited. Also in 2.3-dev aircraft and base defences are on separate tab and loong texts are shortened.

-geever

odie

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 09:27:34 pm »
@odie: This is topic based on 2.2.1. You should know almost everything has changed. ;)

It is limited. Also in 2.3-dev aircraft and base defences are on separate tab and loong texts are shortened.

-geever

Yupz i do on the first point! :D

And oh, yes, i remembered that 2.3 now do not allow insanely long names. Yupz. I used to name bases like "Africa Base - Main Research #1" and now i juz keep to "Africa - Research1", "HQ", etc.... =)

Oh yar, base defences and installations have nice limits on names too now. :D