project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: problem with invoking the save subitem from the main menu in the game  (Read 3085 times)

hi.

first, if this problem was already repaired, or is being discussed elsewhere, just let me know, but I've been searching, and didn't found anything alike to it.

my enviroment: Ubunt 9.04 (JJ), game version: 2.3 rev. 23838 (available from your link "deb http://trylegaldownloads.de/ubuntu hardy nightly-builds" , because there isn't a "version" for the latest Jaunty, only for the Hardy. I've tryied the debian etch too, and there doesn't seem to be a difference.)

the problem I noticed is that when I load a saved game, then after pressing the ESC key to invoke the main menu (or I choose the "go to options" icon from the right panel), then I see there only the last opened LOAD MENU, not the basic menu for which I was used to in e.g. 2.2 , where i could choose the save button, and etc.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
There was such a bug but fixed already.

-geever

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
If I remember right, the "nightly" builds from the link you mentioned aren't always up-to-date.

You would be better off downloading SVN and compiling yourself, which is very easy to do running Ubuntu, just a few steps from the wiki to follow, and the use of the terminal to know which packages to install.  You can even copy/paste the commands from the wiki page into the terminal in the several steps, which usually works in my experience.  (By comparison, compiling on Windows can be quite a chore - especially for the first time, but on Ubuntu it isn't too hard.)

well yes, have thought about that same myself that the nightly builds you are reffering to aren't perhaps always up to date.

SVN, I've started even that, but my internet connection isn't that fast to handle that e.g. in hour or two.
previously I've already started to download the sources, but I managed to download 1,5GB of it until I needed to turn of the computer.
and I dunno how much of it is still to be downloaded.

therefore I would like more for that nightly updates to be up to date, because then it's only some e.g. 250MB , which is much better to download.
so do you think it would be possible for you people to upgrade the nightly repositories e.g. twice per month, or perhaps even to keep them up to date?

thx

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
That repository doesn't belong tho the project, we cannot do anything with it.

About the SVN: It's large for first checkout only, later you only need to download the updates. Which is more cheap on bandwitch then downloading 250M per week...

-geever

and how much space does that first checkout take?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
My checkout dir is 2.4G but it contain compiled maps too so it's not the amount data you need to download.

-geever

ok, thx, I'll try again, and I'll see