project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: R24498 - any solution to Harvester stairs problem?  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Havoc

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: R24498 - any solution to Harvester stairs problem?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:29:26 am »
First off, this is the most recent build put out by Destructvator (ufoai_2_3Dev_r26804), so its not an old build I decided to resurrect and install/use.

I made certain before I installed this build release, that I deleted any folders or files left behind of the previous version I used the uninstaller on.

I'll do an uninstall and purge to make sure the folder is gone again and no "recycle binned" material is lying around regarding it.  Then reinstall.

Edit:

It seems doing a second uninstall from the newest version, then reinstalling fixed the harvester stairs issue so far. 

Not sure why or how this occured as every time I do an installation of an updated UFO build, I run uninstaller then every time I make certain that the application folder and its contents of the game are deleted.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:08:40 am by Havoc »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:13 pm »
Actually r26804 is a little out of date already (happens quickly!) - at the time of this post its up to r26940 already.  I'm going to try to upload a new binary for Win32 this weekend since it has been a while, hopefully that will render less headaches during gameplay, for this issue and others I've seen in the forum that have already been addressed with updates to the SVN code since then.

The best way to stay always-up-to-date is still to learn to use SVN and compile the game yourself, although I admit it can be difficult for someone who hasn't done it before and doesn't code.  (Or you can wait until this weekend, when I upload a new installer.)

Offline Havoc

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
Depends on the compiler, familiarity with interface, etc, etc. on how quickly I could get up to speed on building a new version.

I graduated from a 4 year program mostly with the typical skill sets and experience of a typical software developer.  (C++, VB.Net, Java, COBOL, Assembly, Oracle, Database Design & Management, etc.)

However, the systems programmer position I'm employed for is a proprietary programming language for proprietary hardware.  So the general public rarely or never knows about what we program in.  It would be nice to regularly use C++,C#, or VB.Net in my daily programming work, but I do what what they pay me to program in.

A lot of what we deal with is a lot of direct hex and binary string processing to communicate with hardware.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:10:08 pm by Havoc »

Ildamos

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 05:27:10 pm »
The best way to stay always-up-to-date is still to learn to use SVN and compile the game yourself, although I admit it can be difficult for someone who hasn't done it before and doesn't code.  (Or you can wait until this weekend, when I upload a new installer.)

Hello Destructavator. Any chance someone knowledgeable can make tutorial on this and sticky it? This way, a lot more people can compile the latest builds, ensuring faster bug reporting and a faster release for v2.3.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 06:06:41 pm »
Hello Destructavator. Any chance someone knowledgeable can make tutorial on this and sticky it? This way, a lot more people can compile the latest builds, ensuring faster bug reporting and a faster release for v2.3.

We have that. Start at Getting the source.

-geever

Ildamos

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 03:16:50 am »
Oh hell this is embarrassing. Thanks Geever!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 05:19:19 am »
The wiki is usually pretty up-to-date with all the step-by-step instructions, although I'd also suggest using an updated version of CodeBlocks, not the old last official release from the CB website.  I don't recall off-hand what version the wiki links to, but there are also versions I've uploaded and linked to in this forum (under coding).

In the meantime, I'm also currently uploading a new installer (for the game) right now, I'll check it again and give a link in the morning when it is (should be) done.

If you get stuck on any part of the compiling from SVN process, just post your questions and someone will help.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed, its late where I am...

Offline Ralgert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 01:52:55 pm »
Next map found: +frozen
bug ID: 2895849

Ildamos

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:47 am »
What build?

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 12:17:30 pm »
I have already verified it with a rather recent build.

Ildamos

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 01:57:10 pm »
Dang.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 03:22:20 pm »
... and Mattn has fixed it today (r27095) :)
Please verify.