project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Flashbang question  (Read 2093 times)

Offline millertimebjm

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Flashbang question
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:02:20 pm »
There were two Taman standing right next to each other (plasma rifle's) and just to test out trying to capture a live alien 'on purpose', I used 3 flashbangs on them, just to make sure, and brought up a guy with a stun rod and then a guy with an assault rifle to cover him.  A flurry of activity happened after my round ended and it ended up being one of the taman was right in front of my two actors, dead, and the second was standing on top of the dead stun rod guy.  Now, I'm not sure why they would walk right up to me with Plasma Rifle's, but the flashbangs obviously did not work.  I tried using the assault rifle guy to flashbang himself and the taman since they were in adjacent squares, but the flashbang didn't do anything to my assault rifle guy and he died from the adjacent square taman on the alien's turn.

UFO: Alien Invasion 2.3-dev x86_64 Nov 7 2009 Linux DEBUG

I downloaded Trunk on Nov 7. 

For now I'm playing and hoping soon to get into some development, starting with some generic bug fixes, and I'd like to see how this works.  So if you anyone ends up looking to see if there is a problem with this, let me know what files you looked in so I can take a peak too. 

Thanks.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Flashbang question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:38:27 pm »
this behaviour is all below src/game/

the bug might be that the dazed is not handled when they got paniced... see q_shared: STATE_DAZED and the other STATE_* searching for references should show you more. If you have more coding related questions, feel free to join our irc channel and ask. most of the time there is someone around.