project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Where do I find the save files ?  (Read 2643 times)

Aaangel

Where do I find the save files ?
« on: May 25, 2009, 05:21:12 pm »
I have found a crash to desktop bug which I'm able to reproduce, where can I find the save game file so I can upload it to you ?

odie

Re: Where do I find the save files ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:35:31 pm »
I have found a crash to desktop bug which I'm able to reproduce, where can I find the save game file so I can upload it to you ?

Aaangel,

If its the savegame u r looking for:
Its inside your user directory usually at:
C:\Documents and Settings\%User%\Application Data\UFOAI\2.3-dev\base\save

Note that there is a %User% where this is your login userid and perhaps ends with a .something if u r on a domain.

The 2.3-dev is to be changed to the version u r using (i.e. if 2.2.1, and u log in as odie, then it be something like C:\Documents and Settings\Odie\Application Data\UFOAI\2.2.1\base\save)

Cheers!

Btw, 2 files for savegame.
slotX.xml
and
slotX.lint

Where X = your save slot nos.

i.e. -> slot0.xml and slot0.lint for savegame at the topmost.

Yes, it starts with 0 and goes down 1, 2, 3.... etc.

Aaangel

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:06:27 pm »
Can I just attach them to the forum post or would devs like them send somewhere else ?

odie

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:26:48 pm »
Can I just attach them to the forum post or would devs like them send somewhere else ?

U might be better off zipping your files into an archive for the folks to have a look at the BUGS SECTION.

You might want to read BTAxis' or Mattn's guide before posting a bug report.
State clearly the platform u r on (aka OS), your built (2.2.1, 2.3dev - if so, revision also, where u found this or self compiled SVN), steps on how to reproduce the bug, and maybe your console log (backtrace and stuff).

:)

Okie, 12.25am here. Gtg and zzz liaoz. :)