project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: What operating system are you using ?  (Read 3018 times)

Aaangel

What operating system are you using ?
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:56:06 am »
I seem to be running into a multitude of problems with the development version, and thinking it might be related to my Vista operating system, so I would like to know if there are any other testers using Vista with the 2.3 Dev version ?

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What operating system are you using ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:45:59 pm »
I use Vista

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:07:20 pm »
I've run test builds on XP Home, XP MCE, Vista HP, and Linux (I've got more than one computer and I multiboot them), and I've found that most bugs and issues with running the game (other than compiling) occur regardless of what platform the build is tested on.

If you think an issue you run into could be related to your version of Windows, the most common fixes I know of for Vista to reduce glitches are:

- Disable Areo/transparencies if the video doesn't look right
- Make sure you have the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturers - their own websites, not from Microsoft (Windows Update).

odie

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »
I seem to be running into a multitude of problems with the development version, and thinking it might be related to my Vista operating system, so I would like to know if there are any other testers using Vista with the 2.3 Dev version ?

Yoz Aaangel,

Alr replied u on msn. I am using WinXP SP 3, Patched up to May 10th 09's microsoft stupid patches.

Btw, u seemed to have 'multitude of problems?'
Did u try a compatibility mode?

Else, do u have an XP computer to try this on?

Else, worst come to worst, dual partition ur harddisk and multiboot? (Dun try this is u r not tat technical.... it might just screw ur com worse.... microsoft systems cannot take nonsense from us, unlike linux. lol)

Aaangel

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:05:06 pm »
I have found quite of bit issues already, but alot of them doesn't seem mentioned in the forum, so I was wondering if I am the only one having it. I was hoping somebody would be on the IRC channel so I could discuss it before posting it, I know how much dev's hates reposting.

I'll add my machine specs to my profile signature shortly so it will be listed on all my posts, it should be it easier for the devs to keep track.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:47:44 am »
Aaangel,
thx for trying to avoid repostings ;)
I'm using Vista too btw (for a week now).

Can you give us *an idea* of what type of problems you are experiencing ? Like a little list with half a sentence per problem ?

Aaangel

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40:02 pm »
Sure I'm posted a list on the IRC channel and I'm being told be Geever (sp?) that some of them are old bugs... But some are new. I'll post the list tomorrow