project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Entry Point Not Found  (Read 10911 times)

odie

Re: Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »
Err, so as a complete newbie who's just trying to play the game, what do I do to fix the problem please? I downloaded 23710 and 24458 and it doesn't start. I'm getting confused with all the talk about a c::B package (whatever that is), whether I need it to try the game, and why I'm getting an error on intl.dll when according to the binary's post, I am running the last patch (I only downloaded it today!)
I'm assuming C::B is the codeblocks package by the link, but I would guess that's for developers? And it's yet another 100MB so I don't want to download it if I don't need it and it doesn't fix the problem

Sorry if the answers obvious to everyone else, I only just stumbled across the game yesterday and I'm really looking forward to playing it!!!

Hi hockings,

Welcome to UFOAI (Aka UFO : Alien Invasion).

To give u a quick overview on its versions (lest it be confusing), its currently stable at version 2.2.1.

The dev team are moving on to get version 2.3 up and stable. However, it is currently heavily bugged, with quite alot of issues unresolved. Still, u can expect a HUGE interface revamp, AI improved, graphics, music, EVERYTHING just abt EVERYTHING improved..... once its done that is.

It is this version tat we have dubbed 'unofficially' sorta 2.3-Development (with a R and some numbers behind - eg R23456). The revision is to help everyone track what is the built they are on.... since with every 'internal patch' and work being done given a revision nos.

Its much like every open source project out there, where a 'release' is tagged with a Revision nos. :)

There are NO OFFICIAL RELEASE for 2.3 as of yet, however, a few of us enthusiasts have helped compile together these developing versions of 2.3 and putting it up for downloads for those beta testers persay... lol.

If u r interested in these (and dun complain abt the bugs that are already reported... the whole team of developers and players enthus like us alr knew), u can check out Destructavator's release, with Muton's patches here:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.0

I also helped to compile some of these here:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3462.0

Just go to the last entry of that thread and u should see the latest version for download!

As of now, i believe the built for my own has resolved tat intl.dll issue..... do make feedback though if u encounter problems again! Its an active - getting activer - community here. lol

Ildamos

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:39 pm »
I believe you meant "per se" Odie.  ;D

hockings

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 01:38:01 am »
Thanks for the replies everyone!

From a newbie's point of view, could I request somebody does a minor change to the website to put an easy to find link for the platform binaries? As it says Debian, Ubuntu and SVN in big letters, and nothing about windows (or any other platform), it doesn't look like the game even supports windows/mac.

I made a very stupid mistake and didn't search the sourceforge page properly for the stable release. Because I misread the download page (with a very small sourceforge link) it read to me that you could ONLY get the latest Debian or Ubuntu binaries from sourceforge or the links below. I only downloaded the dev version as I couldn't find the stable version for windows, and the forums only mention how to download the dev version. (I ended up doing 4 hours of downloads, 2 installations, getting a trojan message from my antivirus about the binary that I had to research to find it was a false positive, and then another 30 minutes searching the forums for a stable download link that I only would have had to do one additional click from the sourceforge page to find.)

I would like to suggest therefore (for the benefit of any new users to the site so no one else goes through what I did trying to find and install the game) that the "download" page is changed to read something like :
Downloads

Stable 2.2.1 release
Binaries
Linux
[sourceforge link]

Windows
[sourceforge link]

Mac
[sourceforge link]

Source
[link]

Unstable 2.3 release (recommended for developers only)
Linux
[sourceforge link]

Windows
[link to forum post]

Mac
[link to forum post]

Source
[link]

I hope this is helpful to the community. Thanks again people for your replies!!!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 03:57:54 am »
From what I've heard, the UFO: AI main page is a little out-of-date and/or isn't maintained very much.

Hmmm, I just did a quick search for the project with both Yahoo! and Google search engines - indeed, the very first results go to the custom website and not the sourceforge project one - and the sourceforge project page is the one with a download link for the stable 2.2.1.  The sourceforge project page is several results down the list.

Taking a glance at the custom page that shows up as the first result of both searches, I can see your point with the download page, how it doesn't clearly say "Windows."

I can see how this can be a little confusing for some newcomers who don't already know their way around here.

I'm just one of the "little guys" here though - I'd suggest waiting for Mattn or BTAxis to comment and bring up suggestions for updating the website with them.

Offline Ralgert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 08:05:56 pm »
Righ, so I tried running the latest dev version (Mutons Diff patch), and got an error saying that:

"The procedure entry point libintl_snprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library intl.dll."

Did someone forget something, or is my computer yanking my leg?

If this problem still exists, check the path-variable after you update the c::b
e.g. change "\Codeblocks\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.2.2" to "\Codeblocks\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0"