project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Mac binary thread (now 26313)  (Read 20346 times)

Offline Rarok

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Mac binary thread (now 26313)
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 02:42:04 am »
With 10.6 and the last binary from here it doesn't plays background music. Is that usual or I need to do something?

Offline iasutto

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »
Will this version not run under Tiger? I've downloaded it and tried to launch but it fails with no error every time.

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:22 pm »
Tiger is 10.4, right?

It should work, as far as I know. Possible problem: MacPorts turns out not to be intended for distributing binaries, but for recompiling on the local destination system. (Yea, that threw me when I saw that discussed on the MacPorts forums). The behavior of putting the MacPorts compiled libraries and frameworks into a program is unsupported at best.

It might be that the stuff compiled for 10.5 doesn't like 10.4; if so, that's ... well, so much for binary API compatibility :-).

<Sigh>. Best I can say at the moment.

Offline pixeline

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 09:34:04 pm »
Hello! I was still using 2.2 until i found out about the forum and... This thread!

I would like to know: is this the latest binary version of ufoAI on Mac ? I'm on mac os x 10.6.1.

Thanks for such a great piece of fun!

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 11:01:28 pm »
Tiger is 10.4, right?

It should work, as far as I know. Possible problem: MacPorts turns out not to be intended for distributing binaries, but for recompiling on the local destination system. (Yea, that threw me when I saw that discussed on the MacPorts forums). The behavior of putting the MacPorts compiled libraries and frameworks into a program is unsupported at best.

It might be that the stuff compiled for 10.5 doesn't like 10.4; if so, that's ... well, so much for binary API compatibility :-).

<Sigh>. Best I can say at the moment.

You can make it work by setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET before compiling macports. IIRC, there may be extra hurdles to jump through - but I got it to work when compiling 2.2.1 on 10.5. I had to talk to the macports people on IRC though. Yeah, it sucks bad to recompile everything you have in macports...

For more info, see the discussion threads starting here: http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-August/011334.html