project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: R24413 Multiple bugs - Aliens vanishing, characters won't move, CTGeo, Dropship  (Read 7554 times)

Ildamos

This is my first time I'm posting a bug report. I hope I'm doing this right.

Here goes:

System:

P4 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM (memory timings: 2-2-2-6; 2T)
GeForce 7300 GT (Driver: GeForce 181.22)

log: http://pastebin.com/ma40c9ee

I've noticed this problem on the two maps I've played. They were farms. (Apologies; I'll post screenshots and the map names in this thread as these bugs recur.)

I've downloaded Odie's R24413 compilation (complete with the separate intl.dll file).

The bugs (I ran the game in Safe Mode since running it in normal "windows" the game):

1. Aliens vanish. Even if they run smack in the middle of my troops they vanish after their turn. After that, I can't seem to find them. I call it the "beam me up Scotty!" bug. I haven't received any fire too. 
2. Some characters can't move even if they are at full TUs and there are no obstructing objects/characters. They can only move after I move other characters.
3. Characters can move through the dropship's walls (specifically the area between the cockpit and the wings).
4. In the two games I've played, the game crashes back to the geoscape and then freezes.

I have 2.2.1 too and everything's fine there.

I hope this helps. I will post screenshots and map names the next time I report my findings. 

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
compiled yourself? recompiled all your maps?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
He did say he got one of Odie's packages.

odie

Re: R24413 Multiple bugs
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:52:37 pm »
compiled yourself? recompiled all your maps?

He did say he got one of Odie's packages.

Hi,

If he has indeed grabbed my 24413 version, from here, then the complete map rebuilit was done as of R24322.

For referencing, this was done with a dubious completion IMHO..... though i brought it home, dumped in the intl.dll file to the game root, and it does work and does reflect correctly some of the patches / revisions committed. But it was not extensive enough IMO, esp since subsequent (next day's) patches and SVN did not compile successfully....

See my later discussions.....

Hope this helps.

Ildamos: Is this correct?? U grabbed one of my revisions? If so, was it the 24413 one?? :)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
I've downloaded Odie's R24413 compilation (complete with the separate intl.dll file).

sorry - didn't see this before...

Ildamos

@Mattn: no worries.

@Odie: your last post in the "Incremental Builds" thread that you started, yes. (It's in the thread title too actually: "R24413 Multiple bugs.")

I'll post a (private) YouTube video for you guys if I can find the time so you'll see the bugs. I registered my GameCam copy so you can hear the sound too. :D (The new tracks rock. There's one I don't like but generally they're all good.)

V2.3's going to be a beaut guys! Keep it up!

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Lateley i've played UfoAI ;)

Can confirm that bugs

Dropship
.)On most maps your "indoor" soldiers need to left the dropship trought the cockpit.
Some maps dont have that problem
and others don't give the possibility to use the cockpit
than your indoor soldiers are only moveable in the dropship
Outdoor soldiers dont have any problem
except going in the dropship

crouch
.)If a soldier is on his knees and stand up he is unable to move for one turn
If he stands and you press turn
this soldier is than moveable.
.)If the soldier is crouching it can happen that he moves strangely
and the battlescreen disappear and the geoscape show up
By pressing ESC (keep pressing) you can see the battlescreen again
but it disappear again and again.
Freeze no; just reload savegame.

Aliens vanish
.) I've seen that too but they can "hide" on a "no moveable tile"
I tried to capture an alien and searched for it and i found it on his own ship.
But this tile is normaly not moveable

odie

Lateley i've played UfoAI ;)

Can confirm that bugs

Dropship
.)On most maps your "indoor" soldiers need to left the dropship trought the cockpit.
Some maps dont have that problem
and others don't give the possibility to use the cockpit
than your indoor soldiers are only moveable in the dropship
Outdoor soldiers dont have any problem
except going in the dropship

I can affirm that too.... Mainly in random maps, my soldiers has some issues with leaving the dropship like Muton's.....

crouch
.)If a soldier is on his knees and stand up he is unable to move for one turn
If he stands and you press turn
this soldier is than moveable.
.)If the soldier is crouching it can happen that he moves strangely
and the battlescreen disappear and the geoscape show up
By pressing ESC (keep pressing) you can see the battlescreen again
but it disappear again and again.
Freeze no; just reload savegame.

Okie, usually on crouching and moving, here's wat happened.

If u were to crouch at end of turn, end turn, then at nx turn try to point to a new location within TU limit (but somewhat like 30+ TUs, reserving 1 reaction shot's TU), and click, the soldier wont move, lose the TU and simply 'waste' a turn.

If in same scenario(crouch @ end turn, end turn) but instead choose a location, DONT click, press 1-8 to change to diff soldier, then switch back to this soldier, stand soldier, click new location, move, crouch, it would work.

Another similar scenario, crouch @ end turn, end turn, new turn, soldier crouched, new route select, route defined, but soldier would move differently, and sometimes fall short of the distance.......

Last possible scenario on moving is, sometimes it move, but then suddenly forces game to quit back to geoscape..... it will usually be hung if u do not immediately reload save game, or quit and come back..... (which may not guarantee a failsafe issue - as the only way to for sure 100% clear tat map would be to use auto mission).

Ildamos

Glad and sad to see some people are experiencing the same things. It's not my drivers/OS then.

I'm waiting for Odie to reply to my Nakido link section in the "incremental builds" thread. Will DL that one and test it.  ;D

Uninstalling this version...

odie

Glad and sad to see some people are experiencing the same things. It's not my drivers/OS then.

I'm waiting for Odie to reply to my Nakido link section in the "incremental builds" thread. Will DL that one and test it.  ;D

Yoz bro,

Already replied u in the thread :)

I am glad nakido's working fine again, and so did the fine works of the programmers wrt the CB and radiant scripts. I saw quite a few changes in the logs and ufoworkspace and cb files seemed to be debugged. :D

I cant wait to install this version myself tonite after work. lol. I actually put away my work and my entertainment last few days just to try the CB myself at home..... though could get it to work @ home, could not work out the installer .... lol.

I am so glad to see all's well again today.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Can you plz give me one non-RMA map where soldiers can't leave the dropship ?

odie

Ildamos,

I have rebuilt the maps as of version R24484 in the latest R24496 version. (Today SVN at 24498).
Difference in R24496 to R24498 are:

* set initial value for combo to prevent segfault
Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:17 PM
Commit by RudolfoWood
r24498             /ufoai/trunk/src/tools/radiant/radiant/sidebar/entityinspector.cpp:
* set initial value for combo to prevent segfault

Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:51 PM
Commit by tlh2000
r24497
/ufoai/data_source/maps/unfinished/small_village.map:
* added details

Thanks to RudolfoWood for giving me a link to retrieve last 100 logs using RSS - something exactly wat i needed and asked for in forum. :D Kudos to RudolfoWood!

Ildamos:

If u can wait, my R24498 is complete with new maps rebuilt, coming up in abt 5-6 hrs (just started clean maps rebuilt in debug mode..... abt 2-3hrs, and then another maybe 2 hrs for upload. So should be ready by the time i knock off, in time for folks for wkend. =D)

Cheers! Happy weekend!

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Does the 'can't leave dropship' prob persist ?

If so, can anyone give me either the name of
- a non-RMA map where this happens OR
- an RMA along with the build-string for the map ?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Does the 'can't leave dropship' prob persist ?

I've experienced it recently but I should recompile my maps to be sure it wasn't fixed. Soldiers could exit only on the left side of the dropship...

-geever

odie

I've experienced it recently but I should recompile my maps to be sure it wasn't fixed. Soldiers could exit only on the left side of the dropship...

-geever

I thnk tat issue has not resurfaced for me since 3 recompilations of maps (complete) ago.....

I will look forward to after my stocktaking to check the latest recompilation (24903). Yupz. :D