project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [WANTED] Ambient sounds  (Read 38386 times)

Offline Gren

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: [WANTED] Ambient sounds like fire
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 11:57:18 am »
What do you need exactly?

Just as suggested.. bring the wind volume down a little and perhaps thin the birdsong so that it's not a full-blown dawn chorus that goes on and on. I suspect that the overall volume adjustment that H-Hour will make is going to go a long way to help.

At the moment, I hit the speaker off-button when these maps appear in a mission.  :o ::)

Offline Axis REC

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: [WANTED] Ambient sounds like fire
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 11:58:16 am »
No Problemo!

Offline thebardofblasphemy

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: [WANTED] Ambient sounds
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »
hmmm ambient is a very generic term!

I've recorded a couple of sounds for you people:

http://opengameart.org/content/moderate-rain-on-a-tin-roof-loop - rain on a tin roof... not sure if you need rain sounds I haven't been able to play the game yet so I don't know if you're implementing weather features into the game.

http://opengameart.org/content/static-noise-similar-to-an-untuned-tv-also-known-as-white-noise I think I read somewhere you need the sound of an untuned TV??? I generated three sound files and zipped them... it's white, pink and brown noise. They're computer generated, not from an actual TV, but it wouldn't be hard to get some more if that's really what you need.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 09:13:10 pm »
Your sounds are ok but your sound editing techniques are bad. For example your rain sound is overpowerd and the stereo effect sounds unnatural. You should add some equilizer effects to it and get a much better stereo effect by adding two or three pitch tracks of the same sound and different room effects (but keep the first track as the original mono file).

I've taken the liberty to edit your rain sound with my technique to show you how it will sound:

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »
Attenuation and Volume for misc_sound entities are working perfectly now.  :)

We can create really cool soundscapes on the maps now, but we need many more of the ambience samples.
Also some of those we have do not loop well, so this has to be corrected or the samples are more or less useless...

So if you see a object in-game that could need some sound attached to it, contribute the sound & I will integrate it in-game...

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 01:13:52 am »
HELL YEAH! Finally! Check out some of the water amb sounds and place the ent on shores and riverets. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:17:47 am by Crystan »

Offline blaargh

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »
Are there any other ambient 'natural' sounds needed? I'm often out on camping trips, so I can quite easily record any necessary tracks, then give a shot at editing them. If there aren't any, I could try going for other sounds as well.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 05:06:06 pm »
Amb sounds of any kind are still badly needed - but - if its a looping background amb sound (like this one) it have to be in stereo.

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:28 am »
Just to know, has it been already discussed of putting pressure to a higher level when attacked base mission by introducing an oppressive alarm sound (and why not, some red blinking light)?
I thought about that because defending the base when all is so quiet all around (as it often occures) is just not credible. Of course putting some switch button somewhere in the map to turn the noise off could be cool too, moreover if it gives a reason to reach this switch point, sort of minimal objective :)
Ok it's not the place here, but leaving scientists and the staff occupying the base and risking their life at base attack would bring more sensation , but not the subject here as I said.

Offline chronomaster

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 12:10:10 am »
HI

im interested to give some, but you HAVE to be more specific on what you want.
you loose contribution points by not being more specific. give a list, or a general landscapes.
alternatly say what ambient sounds you already have, that way it would be obvious what more is needed
it would be good if you would help me/us help the developement