project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dificulty  (Read 11588 times)

Aaangel

Dificulty
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:16:34 pm »
I have a question ... I play at the easiest difficulty available and yet I keep failing the game, this seems to happen at random places in the game like there is no real defined parameters for endgame. I can reload a game saved about a day (game time) earlier and then it will play without it. I've also seen this several times after completing a tactical mission, where I might have lost a soldier but nothing more. It's getting rather annoying ...

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dificulty
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:18:05 pm »
So... What's the question?

Aaangel

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:41:14 pm »
oops, sorry :-)

What exactly are the conditions for losing ?

Offline blackswan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:28:46 am »
You loose when the nation's happiness status goes under the minimum level requested by the difficult you have chosen. You can see the nation's happines level by clicking the botton "statistics".

Aaangel

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:51:49 pm »
So only one country needs to be unhappy... bummer, I always liked to fund my own operation by producing and selling alien weaponry ... and then giving a damn about the happiness of the countries

Offline blackswan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »
You are supposed to protect the Earth...

odie

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:43:25 pm »
I have a question ... I play at the easiest difficulty available and yet I keep failing the game, this seems to happen at random places in the game like there is no real defined parameters for endgame. I can reload a game saved about a day (game time) earlier and then it will play without it. I've also seen this several times after completing a tactical mission, where I might have lost a soldier but nothing more. It's getting rather annoying ...

Hi Aaangel,

I realised that probably u were quite far into the game??
Btw, could you provide the version of the game u r playing too??

U failed because of.... ?
1) Too many civilians died ? (1 of the earlier versions dictacts that u can only have say up to 60 civilians dying before losing.....tat sux, and IMHO it was bad. AND hence, it has been since removed in the current developments....)

2) You fail because all your nations were generally very unhappy? In which i suggest that you should reconsider your play - hunt every UFOs, clear every mission...... try not to get too many civi killed, though this i dun thnk can be helped......

3) Did u fail because u ran out of money? lol. This is very bad, cos, IMO, its VERY hard to run out of money if u manage properly.....

Aaangel

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:33 pm »
You are supposed to protect the Earth...
and I do, the needs of the few out weigh the needs of the many ;-)

Code: [Select]
UFO: Alien invasion 2.2.1 x86 Apr 28 2008 Win32 RELEASE
I should probably add here that I'm running Win Vista on a X64 machine.

1) Too many civilians died ? (1 of the earlier versions dictacts that u can only have say up to 60 civilians dying before losing.....tat sux, and IMHO it was bad. AND hence, it has been since removed in the current developments....)
That would sound very likely. Well I guess downloading a stable version was a mistake, I'll try a more recent. Any guidance to where I can get some more recent binaries ?

Ildamos

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 11:49:54 pm »
Eh. While there are several gameplay fixes and a greatly streamlined UI, I wouldn't do that if I were you; the dev versions are quite buggy atm (May 17). 

If you wanna see the super-sexah interface though, go to: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3462.0

odie

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:17:46 am »
Eh. While there are several gameplay fixes and a greatly streamlined UI, I wouldn't do that if I were you; the dev versions are quite buggy atm (May 17). 

If you wanna see the super-sexah interface though, go to: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3462.0

I agree with Ildamos, that the 2.3-dev now are still undergoing HEAVY developments, and u will encounter alot of bugs issues alrite. But the experience is way cooler! :P

This should be the latest thread page for that discussion Ildamos pasted:
See this instead for last entry

Though i recommend u get that for just a feel of the new interface, rather than 'playing it so it can complete'.

It is VERY VERY far from completion mind u. :P

Aaangel

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 04:29:35 pm »
Well I'm a coder myself (I was lead coder for Coolmon 2), so I understand. But I'll have a look anyway, who knows mayby I'll be able to help you guys out :-)

Ildamos

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 04:38:54 pm »
Awesome! Welcome to the community!  ;D

odie

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 07:03:42 am »
Well I'm a coder myself (I was lead coder for Coolmon 2), so I understand. But I'll have a look anyway, who knows mayby I'll be able to help you guys out :-)

Hey hey Aaangel, welcome to the UFOAI Community!

:D

Btw, curious about your nick - wat is Aaangel? An Angelic Angel?

Aaangel

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 10:00:44 am »
Believe it or not, it's actually my name - My full name is Christian Aaangel

Aaangel

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 10:34:55 am »
Are there any console commands for cheating ... like finishing buildings faster, give more money. So I can get on with the testing instead of the gaming ? :-)