project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: cannot find -ltheora  (Read 36370 times)

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: cannot find -ltheora
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »
Thx for the hint, Muton. My bad. I assumed that mingw/bin would be in the dllpath.
btw the same with libiconv2.
After copying both dlls to the ufo dir, everthing seems to work nicely again :)

Sooo ... back to fix pathfinding ;)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 07:17:33 am »
if you find bugs in the c::b package or have updated packages, you are now able to create the c::b package on your own.

all you have to do is to call the contrib/scripts/codeblocks.sh script from within the msys shell (there is a msys.bat in the mingw dir)

i haven't played much with the msys stuff myself, but as i've extracted the codeblocks archive to my desktop i got problems running the batch file (spaces in directory names confuses the batch [or whatever]) - i had to create a link with the calling parameters from line 88

i also had to copy the ufoai svn into the mingw/home/mattn (or whatever your user is) directory. you can even use the commandline svn client in there to fetch the latest version (just type svn up)

all in all the build process should be more scriptable now

the next step would be to include the configure script into the win32 build chain, too.

odie

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 07:43:47 pm »
Quite funny from a person who knows Chinese symbols. :)

-geever

geever,

Lol..... ah well....... :D U nv fail to amaze me with ur witty replies. lol

Back to topic,
So, how do we move from here??

Anyone has a working CB package with MingGW with the necessary files that he / she can help packaged into a zip file for us to download??

;)

PS: I am also stuck at this issue of the gtkglext for uforadiant.... Mattn was saying this earlier:

the problem with uforadiant is that there is no build for gtkglext available for windows - so someone has to build this on his own and upload it somewhere (then someone can integrate this into the codeblocks.sh script).

Anyone who's familiar with this??

I've just downloaded the new CB package
libintl3.DLL can be found at mingw\bin

Muton, does that meant tat u have a working compiler now? :)

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 08:41:03 am »
Haha  ;D  ;D  ;D
I've got gdkglext-win32-1.0 compiled

than there is an error in radiant.cbp
wrong
<Add library="libgdk-pixbuf-2.0" />
right
<Add library="libgdk_pixbuf-2.0" />

I've made a diff packet
based on the latest http://mattn.ninex.info/download/codeblocks.zip
http://www.4shared.com/file/104530411/49a9d228/codeblocks.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:17:54 pm by Muton »

odie

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 06:55:45 am »
Haha  ;D  ;D  ;D
I've got gdkglext-win32-1.0 compiled

wrong
right

I've made a diff packet
based on the latest http://mattn.ninex.info/download/codeblocks.zip
http://www.4shared.com/file/104530411/49a9d228/codeblocks.html

Okie, made more progress for me....

If i use just Mattn's codeblocks alone, the error i get is:

Code: [Select]
||=== ufo2map, windows_debug ===|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\jconfig.h|25|warning: "HAVE_STDLIB_H" redefined|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\SDL\SDL_config.h|67|warning: this is the location of the previous definition|
||=== ufo, windows_debug ===|
C:\SVN Update\src\client\renderer\r_error.h|49|warning: 'R_CheckErrorDebug' defined but not used|
||=== uforadiant, windows_debug ===|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\filechooser.cpp|149|warning: 'shortcutFoldersInBaseDir' defined but not used|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_spawn_process(ExecCmd*, void (*)(void*))':|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|196|warning: statement has no effect|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_run(Exec*)':|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|396|warning: statement has no effect|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\stdlib.h|365|error: 'void free(void*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\libxml\xmlmemory.h|66|error: previous declaration of 'void (* free)(void*)'|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\math\aabb.h|233|warning: 'aabb_normals' defined but not used|
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 9 warnings ===|
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 9 warnings ===|

If i used Muton's MingGW and extract into the Mattn's copy, and overwrite, i would have problem starting it up, with the error - See attached.

And if i insist on going on with the compilations, the error i would get is:

Code: [Select]
||=== ufo2map, windows_debug ===|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\jconfig.h|25|warning: "HAVE_STDLIB_H" redefined|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\SDL\SDL_config.h|67|warning: this is the location of the previous definition|
||=== ufo, windows_debug ===|
C:\SVN Update\src\client\renderer\r_error.h|49|warning: 'R_CheckErrorDebug' defined but not used|
||=== uforadiant, windows_debug ===|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\filechooser.cpp|149|warning: 'shortcutFoldersInBaseDir' defined but not used|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_spawn_process(ExecCmd*, void (*)(void*))':|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|196|warning: statement has no effect|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_run(Exec*)':|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|396|warning: statement has no effect|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\igl.h|989|warning: "GL_LOGIC_OP" redefined|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\GL\gl.h|394|warning: this is the location of the previous definition|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\igl.h|990|warning: "GL_TEXTURE_COMPONENTS" redefined|
c:\development\Codeblocks\mingw\include\GL\gl.h|626|warning: this is the location of the previous definition|
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\radiant\server.cpp|194|warning: 'dllimport' attribute ignored|
ld.exe||cannot find -lgdk-pixbuf-2.0|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 13 warnings ===|

Did i do something wrong here?

PS: When overwriting the files into Mattn's directory (with Muton's), i did notice that whilst some files are newer (Muton's newer than Mattn's), quite a nos of files are older (Muton's older than Mattn's).... and file sizes whilst some are same, most are different.....

Any advise??

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:04:55 am by odie »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 07:56:48 am »
odie
i start to think you are like this dog

Just freeze for a moment and look at this error

ld.exe||cannot find -lgdk-pixbuf-2.0|
Thats a linking problem (ld.exe)

I told already
wrong
right

The filename is libgdk_pixbuf-2.0
but C::B files want to link libgdk-pixbuf-2.0
and cant find it

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 07:30:49 pm »
please use the latest (yes, i've updated again and again and again) c::b package - no other changes should be needed, make sure to not overwrite an existing version. if you still have problems with the latest package, please let me know.

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:42 pm »
is gdkglext not needed anymore? (yes there are 2 gtk and gdk)
couse in your new c::b build this lib is missing

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »
it is still needed - but it should be included in the package

we are now also able to build the zip file from within windows - execute the msys.bat - copy ufoai checkout into X:/Mingw/home/<user> and execute "ufoai/trunk/contrib/scripts/codeblocks.sh create" in that shell.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 11:36:24 pm »
please use the latest (yes, i've updated again and again and again) c::b package...
Any chance you add some sort of versioning to the filename ?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 08:31:22 am »
we can think about it once its ready to use.

i still would like to introduce configure into c::b and root out the last errors with the package. once that is done we can add a version number. until then it's just for our fellow testers. (i hope to have this done in a few days - but my windows access is limited)

odie

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:01 am »
we can think about it once its ready to use.

i still would like to introduce configure into c::b and root out the last errors with the package. once that is done we can add a version number. until then it's just for our fellow testers. (i hope to have this done in a few days - but my windows access is limited)

Mattn,

Does that means that u will soon be compiling a new CB working package for us soon? :) Thanks!

PS: Can i suggest that u add in future downloads something like: -> Codeblocks-RXXXX.zip ?

Or if under 8 characters - CB_RXXXX.zip

=D

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »
I downloaded C:B a few days ago on wiki and I still get cannot find -ltheora.
I even got latest theora and xvid libraries from the net for the include folder.

Edit: Muton above patch worked wonders! Maybe devs should replace wiki file for this one
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:05:00 pm by Another Guy »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »
Dlls from contrib/dlls should be copied into the ufoai root. There is a theora-0.dll there maybe it should be renamed libtheora-0.dll -> libtheora.dll ?

-geever