project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I've been looking in code for...  (Read 3058 times)

nicknasty

I've been looking in code for...
« on: August 02, 2009, 05:56:32 pm »
I've been looking through the code to see if I can find a way to change the toggle between players (currently done by TAB as default) in game. What I am trying to do is make it so if a unit is moving (or doing an action) you can still press TAB to toggle a different unit. I believe this will speed things up for multiplayer. So far I haven't been able to find it in the code. I am pretty overwhelmed by UFO:AI's large codebase.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: I've been looking in code for...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:59:45 pm »
I've been looking through the code to see if I can find a way to change the toggle between players (currently done by TAB as default) in game. What I am trying to do is make it so if a unit is moving (or doing an action) you can still press TAB to toggle a different unit. I believe this will speed things up for multiplayer. So far I haven't been able to find it in the code. I am pretty overwhelmed by UFO:AI's large codebase.

Keys 1-8 select soldiers.

-geever

nicknasty

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:22 pm »
Maybe I need to rephrase. I understand you can press keys 1-8 or TAB to select different soldiers and thank you for pointing that out. I am looking through the game code to try to find where I can edit it so that you can select a different unit while the previously selected one is performing an action (say moving). Currently you can not do that. I am still trying to understand UFO:AI's codebase and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:37:42 pm »
Maybe I need to rephrase. I understand you can press keys 1-8 or TAB to select different soldiers and thank you for pointing that out. I am looking through the game code to try to find where I can edit it so that you can select a different unit while the previously selected one is performing an action (say moving). Currently you can not do that. I am still trying to understand UFO:AI's codebase and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Not easy due to the server-client system. Mattn tried to make it (moving 2 soldiers in the same time) possible but caused more problems than advantage (sync issues). Sorry I can't point out the code where it is. (I *think* it's done by the Q2 engine.)

-geever