project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Report on 24010  (Read 2379 times)

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Report on 24010
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:23:09 am »
I'm not sure how to classify this bug. It is repeatable.

System: iBook G4, 1.42 GHz, 1 GB memory. Video card is Radeon Mobility 9550.

Symptoms: If ufo is run with +set developer 1, and at full priority, then the user interface of the mac will lock up. The mouse moves (but clicks have no effect), and the sound effects continue.

If ufo is run at nice +19, things "work".
If ufo is run without setting developer, things "work".

However, "work" is odd -- at the initial menu, I get 50 FPS; after selecting single player, and skirmish, there is a delay, then about 25 FPS for a while, and then 50 fps.

Starting africa now gives me a map with "good" graphics. The men are all solid white (no textures, I believe). To the left edge of the map is what I'm guessing is the ufo, also white. The buildings and ground are all fine.

FPS, meanwhile, starts at about 5. When I click on a soldier number (1-8 on the top), it drops to around .3 fps. Yes, point three. It will generally stabilize around 1 fps, although it sometimes gets back up to 5. If I move the map around, it drops back again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Report on 24010
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 05:53:22 pm »
try to deactivate the glsl shaders

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Report on 24010
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:43:29 pm »
If I have BOTH GLSL shaders AND real time lighting, then I get the following:

1. Almost all the landscape graphics are correct. None are wrong.

2. Looking at Africa: On the left side I think is the drop ship; it is all white.

3. On the right side is what I think is the UFO. It is nicely blue. On level 2, the two pilots chairs are white, on level 1 there are two chairs in the front-left section that are white. The rest is all fine.

4. All the people are white.

5. The frame per second rate is horrible.

If I turn off either the lighting or the shaders, then the graphics become horribly messed up all over the place.