project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien interceptor  (Read 6119 times)

Headcase

Alien interceptor
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »

Hi all.

I have built the alien interceptor, armed it with beam weapons, fitted it with armour and whatnot but the beam cannons say there's no ammo (although they are supposed to be powered by the ships electrics) but when i select an enemy ship to intercept, my alien interceptor doesn't appear in my craft list.

Is there enough info here for anyone to work out what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

HC

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Alien interceptor
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:20:55 am »
As far as I know particle beam weapons for aircraft not yet working. And as the aircraft has no usable weapon it's not in the list.

-geever

odie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:18:41 am »
Hi all.

I have built the alien interceptor, armed it with beam weapons, fitted it with armour and whatnot but the beam cannons say there's no ammo (although they are supposed to be powered by the ships electrics) but when i select an enemy ship to intercept, my alien interceptor doesn't appear in my craft list.

Is there enough info here for anyone to work out what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

HC

Hi, i supposed you are talking about this Beam Weapon

I also believe that the beam weapons are in development. It should be a later stage weapon hence, no ammo as yet. Hence, since no ammo, not valid intercept craft, hence, it does not appear in the interceptors available for missions' list.

Yupz. Sorry to disappoint. I was hoping to shoot some bad ass with that too.... :P

Headcase

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 01:26:55 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I was looking forward to kicking some butt. Plus having wasted time building the darn thing, i'm a little disappointed that it won't work...  :)

odie

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:35:21 am »
Thanks for the replies. I was looking forward to kicking some butt. Plus having wasted time building the darn thing, i'm a little disappointed that it won't work...  :)

Ah dun worry, it will some point in the future. :)

Offline slothlord

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:59:02 am »
however, you can load regular human weapons (missiles) on the alien interceptor and get it to work.  doesnt seem to use up any alien fuel (antimatter) either.  not sure if this is a bug or not.

Nightranger

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:57:53 pm »
I believe in the game it says it would need the antimatter to power the beam weapons.  I fell into this also.  The antimatter can be researched to find out you can't do anything else at the moment.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 05:21:36 am »
how much force do you use to take down a harvester in dev build?
i used stingray interceptors with sparrowhawk, but i ran out of missiles, so i guess i need to change my attitude.

odie

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:03:38 am »
Well,

antimatter is still in the making and refining. Takes a while.

On dev builts, harvesters take a while to shoot down, for me it was 1 full (x 2 missiles), most hitting, plus a couple more from the SAM sites (a new feature not in earlier versions). Yupz. Abt maybe 10 -12 hits for me....

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 01:40:50 pm »
Currently, the only way to shoot down an harverster with a single interceptor is to load ur stingray with aerial lasers (not because it has good damage, but simply because it does not run out of ammo), since stingray can take quite a beating as well. Alien plating helps here to ensure stingray survival.

Keep in mind that UFOs should get a lot nastier when they actually get to use PBW (when it's working, that is), because according to console aliens use sparrowhawk missiles so far.

odie

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 10:34:12 pm »
Currently, the only way to shoot down an harverster with a single interceptor is to load ur stingray with aerial lasers (not because it has good damage, but simply because it does not run out of ammo), since stingray can take quite a beating as well. Alien plating helps here to ensure stingray survival.

Keep in mind that UFOs should get a lot nastier when they actually get to use PBW (when it's working, that is), because according to console aliens use sparrowhawk missiles so far.

Actually not really, u can send this fellow out, drawing the alien ship to chase it, coming into the range of the 2 SAM sites, then return to base, so alien ship remain in range of SAM, and then move out. When outside range again, send the poor fighter out again as rabbit as bait. :D Repeat till sam takes out harvester (painful, but effective esp in earlier stages when u do not have stingray and / or aerial lasers).