project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A few ideas (Brainstorm)  (Read 17173 times)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A few ideas (Brainstorm)
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »
Okay, sounds good. I'm on MSN, ICQ and Jabber. Info here. Forum PM works too.

Saboera

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 09:04:12 pm »
Okay, sounds good. I'm on MSN, ICQ and Jabber. Info here. Forum PM works too.

What are your usual disponibility? Im working right now and posted during small breaks so i can't really go in dept with everything for now because i have stuff to finish but we can appoint something tommorow or later tonight? Or as i said, just ask me your question in PM and ill answer everything when i have the time to.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 09:08:46 pm »
I'm GMT +1. I don't have a real schedule, but I'm usually at my PC in the mornings and in the evenings. It shouldn't be too hard to catch me.

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 10:05:47 pm »
Yeah Ok I haven't been very clear, again. (that seems almost customary with me lately -,-)

My last statement wasn't so much about the documentation/design part. I agree that one shouldn't overdo it, but one shouldn't underdo it either. All I wanted to say is that it might not have been optimal, but gladly that's now dealt with and this discussion should be done.

What I really meant was the part about general attitude, that can scotch any help.
Surely one can have a bad day, but not regularly and it only means that you have to be especially carefull about what you do and say and maybe say nothing at all.
I'm probably not a good example in that case myself, but I at least admit it and try to adjust.

Offline SharkD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 10:51:00 am »
Implementation: The way I would see this is that you can create squads of X men (subjective number). This would make it easier to hire/unhire and affect a squad of soldiers to a dropship rather than scrolling across the list of potential soldiers.

Jagged Alliance 2 allowed you to group your mercs into squads. Made management much easier. Not sure about the "leader" bonuses stuff. Maybe a "Leadership" stat (again, copied from JA2, though it was used differently in that game)?

2: Cryo weapons? Support Weapons?

Purpose: Those weapons could be use as lethal force but their main role is to support teammates or fill specific roles.

As you said, it's not much different than the flamethrower. Except for the TU-reduction aspect, which can already be done using flashbangs.

3: More non-combat items requiring to be used

Purpose: Allowing scouting and giving a nice range of combos with one handed weapons such as pistols.

JA2 and Silent Storm also have "sneaking" skills, IIRC. Neat idea, but would require a lot of work.

4: More Aliens

Purpose: longer mission, less Alien hunting across larger maps, more action, more epicness and more strategy.

The reinforcements idea is neat. The other stuff is kind of questionable. Certainly, there are strategy games were you can assign unit formations (Homeworld), but I'm not sure it's appropriate here. I guess it would be up to the AI scripters, but it sounds like a lot of work.

5: More armour

Purpose: While there is a nice selection of weapons, the armour selection is pretty limited, I would like to see heavier armour restricting movement for more protection or the total opposite.

Not sure if more stuff is needed. Anyway, it's something modders can do quite easily.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:54:41 am by SharkD »