project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Perhaps there should be a sticky here for this...  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Perhaps there should be a sticky here for this...
« on: March 14, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »
I think it's nice to see a section of the forum here for modding and such, but in the interest of mod contributors not having to type out disclaimers all the time with whatever they post here, perhaps there should be a sticky announcement that explains how all mods in this section are not part of an official release, don't have support from the main developers but instead the mod creator (if any support at all), may un-balance the game, etc., etc., so all that is assumed.

Mod creators could then simply post a link, state the license (if desired, otherwise GPL could be assumed), and what version of the game it alters, and then everything else in the post would just be about what the modification changes.

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps there should be a sticky here for this...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:52 am »
Well, lets just prepare a post like that and I think the mods will be happy to sticky it.

I propose that we force on the moders a special naming convention that I started so every one sees what is in the thread. I propose such naming conventions for finished mods that they involve at least the version to witch they are intended to.

A request sticky thread could also avoid unnecessary thread spamming.

odie

Re: Perhaps there should be a sticky here for this...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:56:21 pm »
Well, lets just prepare a post like that and I think the mods will be happy to sticky it.

I propose that we force on the moders a special naming convention that I started so every one sees what is in the thread. I propose such naming conventions for finished mods that they involve at least the version to witch they are intended to.

A request sticky thread could also avoid unnecessary thread spamming.

Ah well, Destructavator and Valis,

I thnk its ok bah. I guess there would not be many modders here aniwae.
Its simply too complex for most, esp if they have no programming bkgnd.

Btw, if ppl really wanna mod and stuff, we should simply play with Notrium! Yupz. I had great fun tweaking with it.

Back to UFOAI - modding here, would simply be quite difficult, plus, i dun thnk UFOAI is moving in this line - making the game moddable. If so, anione can 'hack' and 'god-mode' the game..... dulling it. :P