project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Laboratories at Capacity Bug (v. 2.2.1)  (Read 2372 times)

The Centurion

Laboratories at Capacity Bug (v. 2.2.1)
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:23:36 am »
I have had something rather odd happen.  It suddenly states that my laboratories are full (I have two of them built), yet I only have 14 scientists working in them (out of 20).

I toyed with it, and I "unhired" all of the 14 scientists who were working in the laboratories.  Now I have 0 scientists, yet it still states that the laboratories are at max capacity (20/20).

Any reason why this should happen, or is just a glitch?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Laboratories at Capacity Bug (v. 2.2.1)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:41:02 am »
Hmmm, that is odd, I'm guessing it is probably a bug.  Unfortunately I don't think 2.2.1 will have another release for bugs and such as it is rather old by now, and it seems everyone is focusing on 2.3 which has a lot of things overhauled and different, although 2.3 isn't finished yet.  (Sorry.)

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:19:30 am »
It is a long known bug :/ It happens if you start transfering scientists betwen bases. There is no patch for 2.2.1 that fixes it but it is fixed in the developers version 2.3 witch we all await for an official release.

You can either:
a) start your game all over again and only hire scientists were you will actually use them
b) check out the SVN developer 2.3 version and compile it your self, not that this is an unstable code and has some issues that are fixed on a daily basis but you will eventually come to a crash [but from my experience it is playable if you do save a lot and do not mind restarting the game often :) ]

odie

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:09 am »
Or.... u can stop all scientists work.

Then transfer back to the original base. Then assign em to work again. Then UNSELECT their work. Then transfer back to the new base and get em to work.

Else, start a new game. This i thnk happens, when u assign em to work, then "SELL EM" and transfer em to another base.

I thnk you could also destroy the lab and build it again (DAMN EXPENSIVE CHOICE). lol.