project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aborting a Mission  (Read 8480 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Aborting a Mission
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 06:20:13 am »
IIRC the game does support multi-level missions, or at least a long time ago it did - I recall seeing a commit in the SVN logs to support such a thing although that commit was a *long* time ago and I don't know if it is still implemented/working or not.

odie

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:53:11 am »
IIRC the game does support multi-level missions, or at least a long time ago it did - I recall seeing a commit in the SVN logs to support such a thing although that commit was a *long* time ago and I don't know if it is still implemented/working or not.

Not too sure about that though, its been such a very long time ago's commit. Lol.

Besides, Gunner suggested a save at the end of part 1 mission - my understanding is that its not possible, since the architecture dun support it, UNLESS, we are talking about an autosave (back in geoscape) before transferring everyone back to a new map (logically, since we are entering a diff area).

I dunno if thats (2nd part of last para) is possible, for the team to clarify.
And if its possible, for the team to decide if they wanna go ahead with such (esp in view of the final mission / base missions). :D

Offline JTzara

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 12:36:37 pm »
hi guys- wow I didn't expect such lengthy and positive response! Thanks! (As you can see I don't often check the threads). It sounds like this might turn out to not be such a hard feature to add after all- is there likely to be any progress soon? The old games definitely had the "safe zone" you describe, coincident with the dropship.

Also, is there likely to be any progress on being able to pick up unconscious soldiers or the equipment of dead soldiers?

I feel kind of greedy asking again, especially since I'm never going to be able to contribute anything myself. I just thought I'd try and keep the issue on the agenda, as I'm waiting for this feature before I start playing in earnest again. You guys are doing an amazing job with this game- thanks and keep up the good work! :-)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 10:31:18 pm »
hi guys- wow I didn't expect such lengthy and positive response! Thanks! (As you can see I don't often check the threads). It sounds like this might turn out to not be such a hard feature to add after all- is there likely to be any progress soon? The old games definitely had the "safe zone" you describe, coincident with the dropship.

Also, is there likely to be any progress on being able to pick up unconscious soldiers or the equipment of dead soldiers?

No, not soon, sorry. We're still fixing bugs for 2.3. Until it's released we can't implement these.

-geever

Offline mrwigggles

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 07:32:55 am »
Theres no way to force a success mission through the console? A poor mans abort?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:20 am »
Theres no way to force a success mission through the console? A poor mans abort?

If you have a version compiled with debug settings (not release), I believe there is a debug command that can kill off all the units on one team (side), such as all the player units, or all the aliens, or all the civilians.

Edit:  I found "debug_killteam" and "debug_stunteam" in the list of console commands.  I don't know off-hand what teams use what numbers though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:14:10 am by Destructavator »