project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: SVN Update Problems.  (Read 7611 times)

odie

SVN Update Problems.
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:46:48 am »
Hi, was trying to download the latest SVN after updating the current TortiseSVN version, but it has not been successful....

Is anyone also experiencing timeout / lagged updates???

And in addition, strangely, i see all my files as the screenshot after 1 failure to update...

*updated...*
Okie, its confirmed an error.

Attached my TSVN error.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:09:09 am by odie »

odie

Re: SVN Update Problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:23 am »
Okie, as of 4.30pm (+8GMT), i am still unable to issue an update successfully...

here's the error from TSVN.

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:13 pm »
do you have an unstable connection or something like UMTS/GPRS? I noticed such errors when umts switched to another access point making current ssh connection invalid (as it could be some man in the middle that caused the routing change).

odie

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:19:27 am »
Nope. That is negative.

I am on a LAN system, on a cisco router that has never had any issues prior to this update.

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:51:51 pm »
why are all your directories in SVN-Update marked as modified? Perhaps your svn checkout is somehow garbaged? What do you mean with "download the latest SVN after updating the current TortiseSVN version"? Did you update Tortoise and then tried to update ufo?

odie

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:41:17 am »
why are all your directories in SVN-Update marked as modified? Perhaps your svn checkout is somehow garbaged? What do you mean with "download the latest SVN after updating the current TortiseSVN version"? Did you update Tortoise and then tried to update ufo?

Hi, not too sure abt that earlier. Anyway, i recreated the directory and redownloaded a fresh copy.

Yes, i have downloaded the latest TSVN and then i restarted.
Then i tried to download.
Then this morning, i tried to update.

1) TSVN installation succeed.
2) Downloading a fresh copy succeed.
3) Updating fails......

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 01:34:52 pm »
I successfully updated just now.
Using TortoiseSVN 1.4.8, Build 12137 - 32 Bit , 2008/02/16 11:09:38

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 07:15:33 pm »
do you have 2 different versions of your svn client?
after download normally there should be nothing to update (for the first moment)

about that modified markers: try svn log or something on that dir, what does it report? Do you get that modified markers on svn checkout?

odie

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:26:31 am »
I successfully updated just now.
Using TortoiseSVN 1.4.8, Build 12137 - 32 Bit , 2008/02/16 11:09:38
Oki, i am on TortiseSVN TortiseSVN 1.5.7.15182 (32bit).
Let me try again this morning, because it seemed to be downloading again, though it was almost 9/10 way before it gives me the error.

I will update us again, thanks BTAxis! :)

do you have 2 different versions of your svn client?
after download normally there should be nothing to update (for the first moment)

about that modified markers: try svn log or something on that dir, what does it report? Do you get that modified markers on svn checkout?

Nope. I made a clean uninstall of the old version of TSVN always, restarts before installing the new one.

Regarding the SVN log or something, it seemed all green for now after i did a clean fresh download into a diff directory. (I renamed the old directory and re-checkout). :)

odie

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 09:15:37 am »
Hi again,

I am pleased to say that after trying a fresh copy for 3rd time, i managed get to get a complete latest svn 22576 copy.

Thanks for being patient.

For the record, here's what i suspect happened that caused the failure to update.
1) TSVN (TortiseSVN) updated - hence, some settings probably changed. I did not go into detail for this one, but the current version i am using (1.5.7.15182), for the record.

2) I managed to also ensured CB (Codeblocks) was refreshed (i.e. Workspace cleaned up, recompiled). And also ensured that CB was the latest SVN workable (SVN 5177). (Probably caused some issue here too).

A couple of points for clarifications?

A) I did realised that radiant Dll files are not in place during this download, and that i have to manually extract (\contrib\dlls\radiant_runtime.zip) and put them into the directory (\radiant), esp so, in order for the nsis script (\src\ports\windows\installer.nsi) to run successfully.

Otherwise, it would die on line 237, since the CB did not code that (RADIANT) issue successfully.

Is that the case?

B) I would need to compile the maps pk3s (\base\archives.bat) too, and it does give strange (file do not exist) error.... which really is because the files are not existent yet (since it was a fresh SVN copy, not update). (Probably batch file issue).

C) I did encounter another strange issue.... CB compiles now with the following error:
(See attached file, 2.jpg)

D) And the compiler shrunk by alot.... Check out this nsis codes, see if its ok?
(See attached file)

Could anyone advise if that last point (C) will have any adverse effects on the game?
Will be compiling the whole thing up and checking it tonite on my that usual lappy (laptop) again.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 11:45:51 am »
A) I did realised that radiant Dll files are not in place during this download, and that i have to manually extract (\contrib\dlls\radiant_runtime.zip) and put them into the directory (\radiant), esp so, in order for the nsis script (\src\ports\windows\installer.nsi) to run successfully.

Otherwise, it would die on line 237, since the CB did not code that (RADIANT) issue successfully.

Is that the case?

Yes, this is how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, documentation on this is somewhat lacking (there's only a comment floating around on the forum somewhere).

B) I would need to compile the maps pk3s (\base\archives.bat) too, and it does give strange (file do not exist) error.... which really is because the files are not existent yet (since it was a fresh SVN copy, not update). (Probably batch file issue).

Again, this is how it's supposed to work.

C) I did encounter another strange issue.... CB compiles now with the following error:
(See attached file, 2.jpg)

This is normal. You can ignore this.

D) And the compiler shrunk by alot.... Check out this nsis codes, see if its ok?
(See attached file)

You can check if it's okay yourself by running the installer, installing the game to some arbitrary path and seeing if the game will run.

odie

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 04:25:06 am »
Yes, this is how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, documentation on this is somewhat lacking (there's only a comment floating around on the forum somewhere).

Again, this is how it's supposed to work.

This is normal. You can ignore this.

You can check if it's okay yourself by running the installer, installing the game to some arbitrary path and seeing if the game will run.

Hi, BTAxis,

Thank you for clarifications so far.

I have noticed that perhaps the NSIS script needs to be changed.
Reason being:
1) I did all of the above, succeeded at compiling. The compiled text as in 2.txt.

2) I went back and uninstalled all my old versions, registry edited to remove all instances of the UFOAI project (which were pretty clean actually - the uninstaller's job).

3) I installed the current version (as of yesterday, RR22578) onto lappy. The full installation works, but however, the game would not start.

I have attached for us, the startup logs. (See UFO_Error.txt)

I believed that some stuff were missing (esp the obvious 'PsymongN3' background track and the font: f_menubig).  (I believed the PsymongN3.ogg is the music file they are loading which is located in \base\music)
(But i could not find where this f_menubig font type is....., though i did realised the the fonts in \base\media were missing from the NSIS script).

Could you advise / revise on the revisions to the NSIS scripts that is required pls?

Thanks.

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »
I think there are some out-of-date or missing files in your paks:
from your error log:
Quote from: filesystem-section
executing keys.cfg
Usage: unbindbattle <key> : remove commands from a key
could you please check the keys.cfg in your svn checkout dir (ufoai/base/keys.cfg)
Revision should be 21774, fifth line should be unbindallbattle instead of unbindbattle

Quote from: parse-scripts-section
...  0 items parsed
...  0 damage types parsed
...  0 map definitions parsed
...  0 equipment definitions parsed
...  0 inventory definitions parsed
...  0 team definitions parsed
should look like
Quote from: my-parse-section
...110 items parsed
... 32 damage types parsed
... 67 map definitions parsed
... 29 equipment definitions parsed
... 10 inventory definitions parsed
... 22 team definitions parsed
Please check whether
1) you have the ufo files under ufoai/base/ufos
2) these files are in your pak/installer dir somewhere

It seems that these are missing

odie

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 06:00:27 am »
Hi folks again,

I have since tried a few things and finally found an abnormality in the issues i faced so far.

1) I can compile successfully NSIS with the correct files and all, install that and run. The recent versions i got to work are: 22655 and 22706 (yesterday's).

2) There have been times when first compilation fails (at a few places), and after retrying it, it works (w/o the need to re-download or even doing anything).

The first that fails is:
a. When doing the \base\archives.bat, i did the whole batch file in a separate CMD dos windows. I went thru the batch logs slowly and realised that sometimes, the file is 'locked' and cannot be modified, hence the reason that batch files = successful, BUT actually, the various PK3 files are NOT successful.

What i meant is this:
archives.bat activated.
archives.bat starts with this commend ->
Code: [Select]
7za a -tzip 0base.pk3 *.cfg irc_motd.txt -x!".svn"Then, because the file is locked, it says, not successful or file in use....
moves on and repeats same error.....
I ended up with alot of .pk3.tmp or .pk3.tmp1(2 3 4 5) files...

My workaround for this to be ok is this:
a. Delete all pk3 files before starting my archives.bat.
b. run the archives.bat

My recommendations for the original script \base\archives.bat is simply to add one more command before running the remaining script ->
Code: [Select]
"del *.pk3*"
Another workaround would be to modify the archives.bat this way:
a. Instead of using the -a switch, use the -u switch.
-a is to add files, but if they are already present (like in my case), they are skipped in a sense.
-u is to force update of all files which has changed.

Though i still prefer the previous, delete pk3 files method. Haha. This way, though the rebuilding takes a slightly longer time, it ensures that all files are "NEW" and updated. :)

PS: I am still deleting all pk3 files from now though before running the archives and NSIS script. :P

The next thing that fails is:
I realised as per the previous entries in this thread:

This is definately the case. We need to perhaps modify the script so that \contrib\dlls\radiant_runtime.zip is unzipped into \radiant for \src\ports\windows\installer.nsi to work properly. Perhaps it can be with an 'overwrite' switch?

Last issue is perhaps with the NSIS "test installer" thing. Many times i tested the installer (which always install correctly - since the NSIS script runs thru), it is ok, only to start the game with this missing / that missing errors. Its sorta misleading.

Perhaps in future documentations, this point could be inserted and warn compilers like myself. lol. :P

Okie, time to think abt working the wiki. Sorry for my suddenly busy schedules due to microsoft updates and various updates from real life work. I am still here, hehe. Will continue beta testing once my silly schedules get back in routine. :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:05:17 am by odie »

odie

22955 Logs and Update
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:58 am »
I think there are some out-of-date or missing files in your paks:
from your error log:could you please check the keys.cfg in your svn checkout dir (ufoai/base/keys.cfg)
Revision should be 21774, fifth line should be unbindallbattle instead of unbindbattle
should look likePlease check whether
1) you have the ufo files under ufoai/base/ufos
2) these files are in your pak/installer dir somewhere

It seems that these are missing

Hi RudolfoWood,

Since ur last post, i have tried few things.

First, the /base/keys.cfg is correctly as of 21774.
The content of the 5th line is also correct.

Secondly, /base/ufos contains 91 .ufo files starting with aircraftmanagement.ufo and ending with weapons_ugv.ufo sorted in alphabetical order.

I am doing now a /clean update on the maps, and updating the archives.bat -> pk3 files.

Here's a summary of the CB log and the NSIS log.

Hope from now everything's good.
Kindly help me verify these logs ok? Thanks.

I am uploading the 22955 to filefront and if u need, i can provide the link too.