project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with building the game  (Read 2716 times)

Offline iliaarpad

  • Rookie
  • ***
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Problem with building the game
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »
Hi!

I'm having some problem building the game. I tried following the how-to on the wiki pages but it would seem that "ld" has some problem creating the game.dll - partial log follows:

Code: [Select]
...
Compiling: ..\..\src\game\lua\lundump.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\game\lua\lvm.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\game\lua\lzio.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\game\lua\print.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\game\q_shared.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\shared\infostring.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\shared\mathlib.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\shared\parse.c
Compiling: ..\..\src\shared\shared.c
Linking dynamic library: ..\..\base\game.dll
ld: dllcrt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 8 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

The folder containing the dllcrt2.o is in the linker search directories.
When I use a command prompt and type in either ld or dllcrt2.o they both are found (that is, they are also on the path). I would compile it on linux if only I could use my wireless there - but I can't so I'm stuck with Vista.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:06:24 am by iliaarpad »

Offline geever

  • Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
  • ***
  • Posts: 2560
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with building the game
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:56:25 pm »
A quick googling showed this for me.

-geever

Offline iliaarpad

  • Rookie
  • ***
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with building the game
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:09:12 pm »
Yes, I've seen that, thank you.
I tried moving MingW to the root level (D:\MingW), the source to compile is on the same partition, tried compiling using CodeBlocks, MSys, tried swapping the '\' characters to '/' in the PATH env. variable, tried prefixing the toolchain executables with full path (d:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-g++.exe and d:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-g++.exe) but it still complains about a missing .o file. I also tried applying a small patch I found here but that didn't help either.

I'm sure I did something wrong since nobody else seems to have this problem but I just can't seem to find what that was.

Offline iliaarpad

  • Rookie
  • ***
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
[SO Problem with building the game
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:29:33 pm »
Duh!

Finally did it! It would seem that I had to install a candidate version of the MingW (3.4.5) and make CodeBlocks use that instead of 3.4.2. I can't believe I really spent 5 days with this when all I had to do was just use 3.4.5 instead of 3.4.2... Someone shoot me please! :)