project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: female pilots  (Read 1850 times)

SaucerTaco

female pilots
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:52:47 pm »
As Rei said in http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=401.0, women can be pilots even in the Pakistani air force.  Given that we're fighting an alien threat and are willing to put machine guns in the hands of female avatars, it seems that if they are good at flying a plane, we ought to be able to recruit them. 

For the objectors who say that this should be "realistic" like "real men's war," A) women are pilots and B) umm, this is a VIDEO GAME and we're fighting ALIENS, what's realistic about that?

I think a vote would show a majority of us are Star Trek fans, too, and that we liked pragmatic Captain Janeway better that Cmdr. Cisco and his new-age babble in the later seasons.   ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: female pilots
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:16:29 pm »
Hello,

I dont think this is intentional.

I dont know how are generated employee lists, but maybe there are no problem to introduce a male/female ratio (10/6, or more for soldiers/pilots) everywhere, or something like that, for a more ""realistic"" random generation.

SaucerTaco

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 01:44:33 am »
It would be great to have female scientists and workers, too.  (Hi... reality...)  Are clothes for scientists, workers and medics separate from frames, heads and hands?  Where are they in the source?  Maybe I can try drawing them.

Any undersexed nerd who has met a girl who likes video games knows it is important not to discourage them.    8)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:15:28 am »
Actor models consist of two parts: heads and bodies. The sources for our models are in the data_source SVN repository. Refer to the wiki for instructions on how to access it.