project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Design: OUTRO - Failure Screen  (Read 5085 times)

cycyc

Design: OUTRO - Failure Screen
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:34:49 am »
If there will ever be a failure possible (simple suggestions I've made in the Coding forum), I have already written a possible outro text and drawn some concept art to support it (which I'm not able to scan at the moment). Here are the lines for the slides [they could also be used as paragraphs for a simple outro text]:

Slide 1:
Your results  could not live up to the expectations. PhalanX was not able to cope with the alien invasion. Cutting the budget to zero the countries decide to deal with the extraterrestrials on their own account.

Slide 2:
Unity among the nations fades aways , while increasing terror attacks, abductions and other alien activities begin to undermine the moral of both population and politicians. Through terror, corruption and psionic manipulations the aliens force the nations into a reciprocal war, which swells until the main invasion troops arrive.

Slide 3:
The Antarean fleet ruthlessly encounters the remaining human forces. Using biological weapons and other knowledge gathered by continued abductions they wipe out most of the civilians and their infrastructure during the final battle.

Slide 4:
The Antarean Empire establishes a prosperous colony on the Earth; living humans are only found working as slaves, hiding in caves or fighting in other wars on other planets as genetically manipulated, obedient troopers.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:46:27 pm »
Cool. We don't have a storyline ready yet, but even after we get one, some of your text and art can surely be used. And for now this would really add to the game!

Rei

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 01:53:52 am »
No matter what the intro, in the outtro, I would love to see a character from the intro state the line:

"And I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords!"

Possibly even following it with:

"I would like to remind them that, as a trusted ((Insert Job Here)), I can prove useful in rounding up others to toil in their underground spacecraft factories!"

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Design: OUTRO - Failure Screen
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 09:56:07 pm »
One could say:

"I knew you would enjoy and embrace the One! How does it feel, being blessed by the Many?" (Yes I love System shock and I mean the virus)

"Now spread its blessings to all ignorant men and women, enlighten them!"