project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Convoy Map Tactics  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
Convoy Map Tactics
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:32:07 am »
UHH, god do I hate that map.

1) "Military" civilians are to far away to rescue.

2) The Canyon is a friggin DeathTrap, but using it is mandatory.

3) My guys keep dieing.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Convoy Map Tactics
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:57:55 am »
its a death trap i dont even attempt to rescue the sheep errr civilians.

Ankheg

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 07:20:07 pm »
Aliens mostly stepping out from hills to canyon and walking behind the trucks. So used snipers and moved assaulters between trucks to get them. On the hill to left tried to use grenade launchers - not a bad option.
Civilians - dead by first 3 moves, they start about few steps from aliens -_-

odie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:46:04 am »
That is the most killer maps IMO, cos most if not all civilians die by 3rd turns. If they dun (1 or 2), u r lucky.

For me, i make sure i send some up the slope on right. Then send snipers (with Coil Guns) waiting in full TUs..... at the end slowly moving up behind the assaulters (usually if its convoy map, i dun bother, just fully equipped with coils and rockets.....tons of rockets).

For that last bit on the left hand side of the craft, that open area..... snipe snipe snipe..... plus 2 rockets will be really nice.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 07:44:17 pm »
first i kill the alien at the left with a grenade launcher and take the closer part of the high ground on the right with snipers.
then i camp behind the trucks and launch grenades from above.
didn't know the map was difficult until now i read it here...

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:55 am »
last i played that map, it was fun. Hard, but fun. My standard crew is 2 medics, 2 snipers, 2 flamers, 1 Assult Rifle and 1 Machine Gun. One sniper guarding the back (Toward entrance), one gunner looking further down the way (Away from entrance) last sniper guarding closest dead end (That seemed to be where most aliens were. One gunner made his way to the hill in the corner, while medics are 1) At the dropship close to the stationary guys, and one following the gunner going to the hill. Just hang tight, let your snipers move maybe 1 tile per turn, always have them crouched. I have the luck of saving two or three civs