project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Garbled graphics  (Read 3735 times)

zarx

Garbled graphics
« on: January 19, 2009, 07:41:41 am »
I just downloaded the latest stable version of UFO:AI 2.2.1 but it is unplayable because of the garbled graphics hope there is an easy fix I am running Windows XP and using a PCI 5200 FX

odie

Re: Garbled graphics
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:37 am »
I just downloaded the latest stable version of UFO:AI 2.2.1 but it is unplayable because of the garbled graphics hope there is an easy fix I am running Windows XP and using a PCI 5200 FX

Hi, wanna clarify that u r running windows XP and patched to Service pack 3?
And u r using GeForce 5200FX (128MB most probably).

Right?

If u have not patched your service pack to 3, try doing it. Doing a windows update helps keep your system 'safe'. Update your video drivers at GeForce Drivers Download

You are most likely using GeForce 5 FX Series.
Select Windows XP as your OS. Select the appropriate language and download.

Then restart your system, and see if the graphics still garbled. If so, pls upload a screenshot of your system using "dxdiag"
(See here for example)and posting a screenshot of the game.

zarx

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:37:31 am »
sorry forgot about this I tried it on my other computer and it works fine on that so I have been playing on there.

Timer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:37:13 am »
Hello all.
I have encountered a graphic issue with the 2.2.1 version. It was ran on Lenovo Thinkpad T61 notebook (~2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, Intel GM965 embedded video with 384 MB of RAM being available) under Windows XP with SP 3 installed.
The problem was in that Earth image in geoscape and some textures in battlescape are messed up with black horizontal stripes. See the 1st attached image for that trouble in geoscape.
The texture compression was turned on (automatically, as it was promised at http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1983.msg11434#msg11434), resolution was 1024x800, texture resolution cap was set to "Excellent". The issue remained in safe&windowed mode.
The issue was solved simply by reducing the texture resolution cap to minimum.
I have a question, however. Is the textures of walls and ground found on the 2nd attached image are what one suppose to get with the texture cap reduced to the minimum? Or is it another issue of Intel embedded videocard?

Great work, so many features and so recognisable look!

Some of my videocard info for searching of this post: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Intel GMA X3100, Intel GL960/GM965 Chipset.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mattheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:45:39 pm »
2.3  may be much better with Intel graphics, because it has been reworked and focus is not anymore on fixing bugs on 2.2.1 versions. Compile and check out 2.3 and report if there are errors!

sureman73

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:15:02 pm »
Good news - the latest Nvidia drivers do seem to have remedied any issues in the dxdiag tests. My 3D mapping software still seems to be having issues (may just need to reinstall it as the graphics issues were apparent when it was first installed), but games appear to be go again. May just be that all variations of the previous drivers weren't playing well with XP SP2?!