project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: NSIS Compilation Errors  (Read 12744 times)

odie

Re: NSIS Compilation Errors
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:18:54 am »
You're using an outdated version of gettext. Download the latest C::B package or update gettext manually. Kildor has it up for download here.

Excellent!
Thanks BTAxis! You are the best!

Okie, downloaded it, wondering which directory should this go pls?

Many thanks!

*Edit*
Ah, it says in the batch file something abt being in path. Let me trying pathing it in OS. :P

*Edit2*
Hi BTAxis and staff team again,

Okie, tried pathing (in the system variables) and recompiling in the Codeblocks. Still the same Error.
See The Error:

Okie, Yay! I have progressed much.

Odie, this might be somewhat of a long shot, but when you compiled in codeblocks did you choose "(re)build project" or "(re)build workspace"?

I've found when I put together the game for the installers I upload that choosing "project" with "ufo" activated doesn't build everything, so I select "rebuild workspace" in the codeblocks menu, which builds all the components including the language files, radiant, and ufo2map as well as the main game.

I just checked the wiki and saw it doesn't clarify this - the wiki might need an update if this is indeed the issue.

Destructavator, u were right. I simply cleanup and rebuilt everything from scratch and i was surprised i have progressed much.

Here's the new error log.....
See Compile_Error3.txt

Something abt the final product output cannot be done.

In case u r wondering, the system has full rights to those directory - i.e. i am the administrator on the system alrite. Logged in as a full-admin-rights. :P

And in case u r wondering, my project's drive has well over 80G of disk space in that partition. :)

*Edit (again)*
Hey BTAxis and Destructavator,

Thanks alot alot!
I managed to compile! Yayness!

The final 'warning and error' log is in Compile_Error4.txt

I have a feedback on how i got it to work, remember previous post about how i failed with Compile_Error3.txt ?

All i did was simply to build again (not clean but right click and compile using nsis)...... and it works... very strange rite? Hmmm.

Oh, oh, how can i contribute by helping the folks here to compile DEV versions? I dun have a webby that's big enough to upload the compiled installer (which is 527MB at moment)....

Is there a similar SVN way i can commit a file? Or the such?

Many thanks. I thnk from now, i can help to do the compilation, cos its really not even an hr to do for all steps on my computer here. So that will really help Destructavator..... :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:56:36 am by odie »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 12:16:26 pm »
Compilation is usually fast enough (though map compilation can take a long time if there's a big change to ufo2map). It's hosting that's the biggest issue.

odie

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 02:34:21 am »
Compilation is usually fast enough (though map compilation can take a long time if there's a big change to ufo2map). It's hosting that's the biggest issue.

*Nods* BTAxis. Hosting has always been the issue for most....

Was wondering if Sourceforge's allocated project space allows for me to upload compiled exe??

I mean, i can do the compilation, now that its working, and help probably maintain it to onli keep 1 of the latest Revision. Though we have to be practical that this cant be done every day haha..... probably once a wk might be good.... thats if we can find a place to host that well over 500MB file (for win32).

odie

Re: NSIS Compilation Errors - R21931
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 09:12:53 am »
Okie, I reupdate again this morning and rebuild the maps and rebuild the codes.

I am still dead at the NSIS compilation again with the line 244 error. <See attached compilation log>.

I have previously been ok with the R21800+.

Could anyone pls advise ??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 02:56:23 pm »
You didn't compile radiant properly.

odie

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 04:50:37 am »

Hi BTAxis,

Hey again! Thanks. Yes i do.... i have been trying to make sense of the radiant issues but i cant seemed to compile them successfully.....

Could you pls direct me to the right link for this, or a way to get this running? It seemed i have onli managed to get this part by chance last time, and it did not work for me this time...

I have looked at every single search instance on "gtkradiant", "radiant" on the forum and none of them are helpful. Although i can do as Destructavator does, omitting the radiant / simply copying the radiant.exe and gtkradiant.exe into the folders and modifying the nsis script, i am still interested in getting it to compile properly.

None of the wiki seemed to address this gtk-thingy well...... although i stands to be corrected.

Many thanks for your patience, BTAxis.

:)

PS: And yes, i was a C programmer previously..... though haven touched that in years, now more of an IT administrator and network engineer. lol. And boy, do i love the extent of programming done in this.... i can so appreciate the TONS of hrs u folks must have put into the source code. :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:36:20 am by odie »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 06:11:20 pm »
ever tried this http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3208.0 ?

I've merged all *.cmd's and procedures to build ufoai
incl. error checking

maybe you passed something

odie

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 03:14:27 am »
ever tried this http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3208.0 ?

I've merged all *.cmd's and procedures to build ufoai
incl. error checking

maybe you passed something

Hi Muton, i have got all the batch files and procedures ran - "Codeblocks issues", "compile_maps /ufoai", "compile_maps /uforadiant", moving "\src\po\*.po" to "\base\i18n", NSIS compiler.

The step that was not clearly documented is well..... the radiant part. I clarify later, and perhaps get us a pdf manual....

Hi Folks again! I am back!
Okie, i managed to compile the new version R21950 completely and successfully.

Thanks BTAxis for the concise issue on radiant. The issue WAS radiant, as i realised that codeblocks require both "BUILD" and "BUILD WORKSPACE". The "BUILD" option is for the main codings, whilst the "BUILD WORKSPACE" option is for compiling radiant and other environment.

BTAxis, perhaps you could let future beta testers / compilers know that this is a necessary option, as not everyone is familiar with Codeblocks. (Even though i was a C programmer for so long, i also do not use / come across codeblocks.....) That would really be helpful.

Odie, this might be somewhat of a long shot, but when you compiled in codeblocks did you choose "(re)build project" or "(re)build workspace"?

I've found when I put together the game for the installers I upload that choosing "project" with "ufo" activated doesn't build everything, so I select "rebuild workspace" in the codeblocks menu, which builds all the components including the language files, radiant, and ufo2map as well as the main game.

I just checked the wiki and saw it doesn't clarify this - the wiki might need an update if this is indeed the issue.

And why is Destructavator quoted? Because it was his very this point that got me to relook my procedures..... I have tried building w/o rebuilding workspace, or vice versa, but never both. And i did a CLEAN in between the procedures (duh, my bad mistake).......

Thanks Destructavator!

Nv knew that within CB: that Build and Build Workspace are different..... it was not so on my usual C or C++ compilers. lol.

Thanks again!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:57 pm »
Thanks BTAxis for the concise issue on radiant. The issue WAS radiant, as i realised that codeblocks require both "BUILD" and "BUILD WORKSPACE". The "BUILD" option is for the main codings, whilst the "BUILD WORKSPACE" option is for compiling radiant and other environment.

BTAxis, perhaps you could let future beta testers / compilers know that this is a necessary option, as not everyone is familiar with Codeblocks. (Even though i was a C programmer for so long, i also do not use / come across codeblocks.....) That would really be helpful.

This is not true. Build Workspace builds everything, from the game to the editor. You don't need both.

You should make it a habit to pick rebuild workspace (not build workspace), though. Building may skip some files it deems unchanged, and that can cause problems.

odie

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 09:11:17 am »
This is not true. Build Workspace builds everything, from the game to the editor. You don't need both.

You should make it a habit to pick rebuild workspace (not build workspace), though. Building may skip some files it deems unchanged, and that can cause problems.

Ah, BTAxis, i verified this again this morning when doing the R22076. If i were to just Build or Rebuild, it would not compile Radiant. Thats why need to Rebuild Workspace. Either way, from now, i will just clean workspace and Build Workspace from Scratch.

I will indeed spend sometime to do up the SVN guide bah in pdf. I will post somewhere once its done. :)

Thanks again for the helps!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 11:24:23 pm »
Build or rebuild WILL build Radiant if you activate the gtkradiant project first. By default, the ufo project is active.

odie

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 09:19:23 am »
Oh btw, for the records,

I figured out the missing links in b/w.

If i wan to build an installer,
1) Not only do i need to update using TortiseSVN (i am on WinXP)
2) I need to compile and build workspace (Rebuild workspace if i want a clean one)
3) I need to also run \base\archives.bat (which refreshes the pk3 files)
4) I need to thereafter compile NSIS compiler too.

This way will all things work.
Give me some time to work on that pdf.
Will send to BTAxis or one of the developers for approval so it helps future beta-testers. :)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:56 am »
We don't really have much use for a PDF. It would be more useful to have some less obscure wiki documentation.