project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Gaming Community and Competition Platform Opportunity  (Read 2067 times)

markdono

Gaming Community and Competition Platform Opportunity
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
Hello,

My name is Mark Donovan. I'm one of the founders of Titan Gaming Inc. Our company has built a highly advanced community platform specifically for video games that allows you to quickly create a full-featured social network and competition platform (including challenge ladders and highly scalable, fully automated tournaments) around your title. We've been conducting research into the feasibility and interest from developers in creating a distribution and community portal specifically for free and open source games. This would be a place where people interested in free games would come to play and interact within an enterprise-level environment.

The system was built on a plug-in architecture framework and it is very easy to integrate new titles into the platform. If you are interested in learning more about the platform you can check out our open demo site at www.titanstrike.com and we can set up a quick 10 minute demo of our advanced feature set (currently in closed beta) for any technical leads who want to see how things work.

You can also learn more about our company at our corporate site www.titangaminginc.com

Could anyone here point me in the direction of anyone I can speak to about this?

Thanks for your help,

MD

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Community and Competition Platform Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:29:50 pm »
I really don't think this is applicable. UFO:AI is nowhere near mature (and won't be mature for the foreseeable future), and it also isn't primarily a multiplayer oriented game. There is also no base for maintaining an online community like that because the project relies entirely on volunteer contributions.