project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How Far Can we Go?  (Read 3084 times)

pdaviesoz

How Far Can we Go?
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:44:50 pm »
Hi all, Total newbie here. I've looked through the Wiki, but can't find any answers to the following. Maybe there should be a Raw Beginners thread explaining the basics.

Loved playing, saw a few of the standard bugs (lack of night vision the worst). Latest stable release.

All of a sudden, the game finished after the corrupt city. Is that as far as it's got so far. Is it a time thing (ie. limit)?

Also, I captured UFO fighter and harvester, but couldn't research any of them - kept getting the "Need tech it's based on first". Have I stuffed up or do you need a scout before you can research further.

Merry Christmas All from Oz,

PauL D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:42:49 pm by Mattn »

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: How Far Can we Go?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:31:04 pm »
All of a sudden, the game finished after the corrupt city. Is that as far as it's got so far. Is it a time thing (ie. limit)?

I think in 2.2.1 there is a limit to the total number of civilian deaths you can incur before the game ends (40?).
Yes, it's arbitrary and many people complained about it and a more sensible measure of the end of the game
is being worked on.

Also, I captured UFO fighter and harvester, but couldn't research any of them - kept getting the "Need tech it's based on first". Have I stuffed up or do you need a scout before you can research further.

Yes, you need to capture a scout in order to research many of the alien technologies. I don't know why the scout was singled
out like this - I think the capture of any alien ship should be enough. But that's me.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
In 2.3-dev, UFO Theory does unlock when you recover any UFO.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:09:48 am »
> I think in 2.2.1 there is a limit to the total number of civilian deaths you can incur before the game ends (40?).
> Yes, you need to capture a scout in order to research many of the alien technologies. I don't know why the scout was singled out like this - I think the capture of any alien ship should be enough. But that's me.
The both problems was fixed in 2.2.1.