project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: TortoiseSVN glitches  (Read 12585 times)

EnderWiggin

TortoiseSVN glitches
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:17:17 am »
I'm trying to download latest SVN version, but Tortoise breaking downloads and has strange calculations of size it has downloaded. Here is screenshot http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svnnn4.jpg You can see that it thinks it downloaded nearly 4Gigs, but actually it was less than 100Mbytes.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: TortoiseSVN glitches
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:32:14 am »
I (rarely) use tortoise.

you could try the command line interface.

http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#windows

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »
no problems here with TortoiseSVN!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »
It's working fine for me too.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »
Looking at the error in the screenshot, I've seen this error myself every rare once in a while with Tortoise SVN, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If it fails to grab everything at once, just right-click on the folder where you are keeping UFO:AI SVN version* and tell it to update, and it will pick up where it left off.

*Reminder (to everyone, in case other newcomers are also reading this): Please do not mix together a SVN copy with an installed stable release or an installed development build or you will have issues.

As for the discrepancy with amounts of data, the amount "transferred" is not the same as the amount "downloaded."  Tortoise SVN sends data both ways (I think) to "talk" to the SVN server, I think so that it knows what to update.  I could be wrong about that, but I've noticed that when nothing needs to be updated, it still transfers some data when checking.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:30:06 pm by Destructavator »

odie

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:57 am »
I just "tortised" the latest one abt 3 hrs ago. No problem with it. Though it did failed 2 times initially.

Just try again and well, Right clik, select the Clean Up function. it will work just fine.

:)

PS: You might just want to delete the old broken 1/2 downloaded directory if its ur first time.
And PS2: Do not install the SVN over into your current 2.2 game / other stable releases.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »
... Though it did failed 2 times initially.

Can this failure be described as 'hangs' ?
I expience that on a daily basis. No particular pattern. It started some 2 weeks ago. Running tortoise 1.5.7.
Quite annoying. Does anyone know more about the problem / how to avoid it ?

odie

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:33:06 am »
Can this failure be described as 'hangs' ?
I expience that on a daily basis. No particular pattern. It started some 2 weeks ago. Running tortoise 1.5.7.
Quite annoying. Does anyone know more about the problem / how to avoid it ?

Hi,

I do experienced this like Destructavator does - once in a blue blue moon. It usually happens when i do it in my afternoons (GMT +8 here). Now, if i do in the mornings, its significantly less frequent.

I guess it could be due to conflicts of file grabbing by multiple users? I experienced this sometimes for other projects......

Workaround?
1) Try other time slots.
2) Try again and again. Yupz, its annoying. :P

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 01:11:21 am »
Odie,
Do you have commit access to the SVN ? (I got access some 2 weeks ago)
Which Tortoise version do you use ? (I updated to 1.5.7 some 2 weeks ago)

odie

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 11:21:32 am »
Odie,
Do you have commit access to the SVN ? (I got access some 2 weeks ago)
Which Tortoise version do you use ? (I updated to 1.5.7 some 2 weeks ago)

Hi,

I am using 1.5.7.15182 at moment. Latest is 1.5.9.15518 but i dun bother updating cos the updates not relevant much. so its ok. i be sticking.....

i have not committed anithing so far to the SVN. but definately if u r talking abt updating, yes, no problem with that. Today i am still able to get R23302.

Onli problem is that the map compiler is facing some changes, and i am waiting for KAZ and some folks to rig the update before i recompile all the maps.

See this for more that is: Discussion on the scripts

Offline Kaz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »
Odie, the compile_maps.bat script is working now (not with my patch, but working nonetheless). Just update from SVN and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

odie

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 06:54:39 am »
Odie, the compile_maps.bat script is working now (not with my patch, but working nonetheless). Just update from SVN and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Hi Kaz!

Thanks! I saw that from 3 days ago. An earlier thread ago, i have noticed.

Kaz, were u the one who mended the batch file? If so, thanks! :)

Offline Kaz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 05:57:47 pm »
I did submit a patch for the batch file, but someone else had already committed a different fix.

Cheers!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 05:59:07 pm »
Did you submit it to the patch tracker?

Offline Kaz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 06:19:43 pm »
Yes, but shortly thereafter I updated from SVN and got conflicts on the script. I checked and there was a fix for the issue. The patch was also responded with a notice that a fix had already been committed, asking if that was not working for me. I replied it was, and closed the patch.

On a related topic, I've been looking at the Makefile.win issue. It's proven to be quite a challenge. At the moment I'm considering writing a batch that replicates the old ufo2map syntax and translates into a proper call into the new syntax.

Cheers!