project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Made some descriptions  (Read 8010 times)

Made some descriptions
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:28:23 pm »
I made some descriptions to the wiki, however, there were some pages where I couldn't remove the (no description) mark. I made descriptions for: Frag grenade, Incendiary grenade, Kevlar Vest, Advanced armor fabrics.
Also, I forgot to add ===description=== to Adv. Armor fab. and I can't edit it anymore.

P.S  I haven't added them to the game files.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:18:42 pm »
Cool!

I'll update the flags soon. Shorty I'll be updating po.en_US and then mattn will put that into SVN trunk.

Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Made some descriptions
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:33:39 pm »
Quote from: "Martenzo"
and I can't edit it anymore.

This seems strange. What does the wiki tell you?

Fell free to create and correct other pages, as well as improve your descriptions. Also, be prepared that your texts will be disputed and torn apart. :)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:12:49 pm »
Be sure to look at discussion pages of the articles you write or improve. There are already some comments to your work and some small changes made. :)

The Kevlar description is really fine, but you missed the idea to write some more about what parts of the body it covers. It was on the Discussion page for a long time. Or, if you think it is a bad idea, write so on the Discussion page.

Made some descriptions
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 09:08:33 am »
The wiki doesn't tell me anything... oh, I, I just realized i was looking the edit button in the wron place, my mistake :P

btw, I've never looked for a discussion page, I didn't even know one existed, so

inzenir

Made some descriptions
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:36:13 am »
I think, that we translators should have a page on the wiki, where will be all of those descriptions that we should use! Like, I still have a dial-up connection, and it realy sucks when i must be on the internet for an hour to find all the stuff for translation!

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 12:42:38 pm »
Quote from: "inzenir"
[...] where will be all of those descriptions that we should use!

Just grab src/po/en.po, after I upload a new version in a day or two, and everything you want to translate will be there. I will write this on the wiki, too.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:54:39 pm »
btw, I've never looked for a discussion page, I didn't even know one existed, so

So, please read them, discuss and contribute some more!

inzenir

Made some descriptions
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 11:02:42 am »
Quote from: "Bandobras"
Quote from: "inzenir"
[...] where will be all of those descriptions that we should use!

Just grab src/po/en.po, after I upload a new version in a day or two, and everything you want to translate will be there. I will write this on the wiki, too.

in the trunk or where?

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 11:13:07 am »
Now it's in the trunk. The link is also in the wiki. In several weeks (maybe just one) the file will probably get frozen. For now, some texts are likely to change, but not many...

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Made some descriptions
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 11:49:04 pm »

Martenzo, dude, where are you hiding? We need you on the wiki! And join the IRC channel if you want. Please start by reviewing your wiki contributions, their corrections, their discussion pages, etc. BTW, you know your half-baked texts got into the game already? :D

Made some descriptions
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:38 am »
Sorry for the enormously delayed answer :P
I sometimes have to delete my .mozilla directory to get my browser runing again, and after my last deletion, I just forgot some places, as my visited sites history is also deleted.
I'll try to contribute and discuss as much as possible.

Made some descriptions
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 07:10:54 am »
Added descriptions to Grenade Launcher and Plasma Blade. No, I didn't look at the discussion pages, as they limit my creativity, so feel free to delete, edit, redo or dispue them at any time.

As I'm out of things to make descriptions to, I'll try moving on to playtesting the trunk version. Can you tell where can I find the svn command to download the trunk?

Elbenfreund

Made some descriptions
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 06:07:17 pm »
here you go  :)

hope that helps, and hf workin on itm Eric

Made some descriptions
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 02:29:55 pm »
Uuuuh, ok I didn't get anything from that last post, call me stupid but I don't understand what Elbenfreund meant with that post.