project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Blackness on night maps, varies system to system, investigating...  (Read 13953 times)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Blackness on night maps, varies system to system, investigating...
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 01:32:08 pm »
Except we really need someone who can get the darkness problem on one system and NOT on another, or the values are going to look crap for some people anyway, just like they do now.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 03:16:20 am »
OK, I've gotten some success here!

I updated from SVN, and after looking at the tweaks done to ufomap.exe (I read the SVN logs), I ran the .bat to compile maps with the /clean option, and after re-building the maps I think it worked - I went into Skirmish mode and tried several maps, the night versions, and although there were darker areas, I didn't get any squares that were completely black.

I really need to get to bed now, its late where I am, but tomorrow I'll try to remember to post a few screenshots.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 03:30:17 am »
If you can reliably compile one map to look black by doing one thing and ALSO compile it to look normal by doing another thing (on the same revision), that would help.

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 01:47:21 pm »
I don't know if this helps, but if I use my selfcompiled maps everything, even the soldiers and weapons in the menu, glows ratiated.
If I use Spyros version everything is almost fine, only the ground on day missions seems too bright and also soemwhat oversaturated.

I say almost, because the Firebird is lit on the night missions and doesn't cast any shadow, but thats probably an oversight in the tile itself?
Also the civilists (including cows) on night missions are uniformerly lit bright, while the soldiers and aliens are properly shaded.

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 04:52:25 pm »
Ok, forgot what i said, I made a fast compile of the current version and it looks perfect (except the shadows and the firebird of course).