project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Obama Wins Election  (Read 32851 times)

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Obama Wins Election
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »
Freed Europe...aw man, go find some history textbooks. What US actually has done at the end of WWII was to split Europe between Soviets and themselves....
Same goes for ending Soviet communism. It was actually incompetence of their leaders that caused their fall more than intervention of other "western" nations. Again, you've been part of it, but you claim you've done it yourselves.

Well...if you want to know why people often regard Americans as idiots...for most people out there, people like George Bush jr. are example of typical american. And from what I've seen so far, most people who proudly claim that they are American are actually similar to him...

Offline freegamer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Obama Wins Election
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 07:39:53 pm »
Obama is no messiah, but he's no Bush either.  He's someway between the two, and that's a huge-ass improvement over the worst president in the history of America.  Personally, on current form, I think Obama will become one of the most beloved presidents in American history.  People are clutching at reasons to be cynical (e.g. appointing some of the better people who served Clinton not being change) but from what I can see he is following through on his promises - he's massively increasingly transparency, appointing people on merit, and talking big about some very important issues.  Treating green energy like the space race is going to make a huge difference to the world and it's about damn time too.