project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Geoscape + other problems  (Read 2458 times)

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Geoscape + other problems
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:33:54 am »
Playing the 2.3 Dev and found several problems. After I engage UFOs and the screen is supposed to revert back to Geoscape, the earth sometimes disappear and I can't get the earth back into view.

May I also know how does the alien attack on base works? Do I have to form a squad on every base? I had an alien attack on a certain base. Because it didn't have soldiers in it, I just continued on and ignored it since almost all options in that base was blurred out. In Geoscape, when I initially clicked on the base that was being attacked, I got 3 options: Go into base to prepare (but only aircraft and base summary was available), automission, or start mission. After ignoring the attack for a while, I couldn't get the 3 options when I click on that base again. I just got into the base while the alert was up, rendering the base useless. Might this be a bug?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Geoscape + other problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:36:24 am »
In the latest revision you cannot ignore base attack missions. That bug was fixed.

You have to have soldiers on the base to be able to do defend it and have to assign them to an aircraft to be able to equip them. This is a designing issue AFAIK. Will be changed once, but not soon, I think.

hint: I hired one soldier and assigned to my stiletto (it can have a soldier) on every (secondary) base so I have a Rambo style base defence on them. :)

-geever

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:06:48 am »
With the first issue you are talking about air combat?

are you using the 3d or 2d geoscape?

Steve

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 08:33:58 am »
3D