project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Double weapons  (Read 4047 times)

Warhamster

Double weapons
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:33 am »
I noticed in XCOM and TFTD, you can arm your soldiers with two weapons but you can still only use one, with a penalty to accuracy thrown in. I was thinking that we could put a double fire or straffe option when a unit is equipped with two weapons.

This could be something that we can throw this in as a specialty ability of pistols, to compensate for their low damage and armor penetration.

I'm new so if I hope this was not discussed before.

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Double weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »
I remember there was much arguing about usability of dual-wielded pistols. Not sure, if there were any logical conclusion.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:27:29 pm »
Dual Wielding Pistols?

no comment.

-geever

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:23 pm »
We can already duel wield pistols with an accuracy penalty,

If your trying to ask if both can be fired at once, then get disappointed.

This isn't Halo, this is a strategy game.

Warhamster

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 03:45:29 am »
I don't really like first person shooters. But I was hoping to see a tactical advantage for pistols. It seems that as soon as I get heavy plasmas, or even just rifles, pistols lose their value in the game.

Sophisanmus

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:17:20 am »
As much of a fan as I am of the dual-wield concept, there is plenty of reasons not to bother trying; such as not being worth the balancing act needed to keep it from sucking the life out of the rest of the game. 

The tactical advantage of the pistol is being TU-light, and having a spare set of digits to have other vital equipment on-hand just in-case; a frag or flashbang can come in awful handy when rounding a corner, and the Medikit-Laser Pistol combination is a favorite of mine.

Satanic Mechanic

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:52:27 am »
Having a pistol in the holster has also saved my arse on more than one occasion when an alien has popped round the corner before my soldier gets a chance to reload his main weapon.

Warhamster

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 09:47:24 am »
Logical point. I stand rebuked.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 01:26:52 am »
Though I personally think it could be fun to have soldiers fire their pistols at the same time, I think accuracy wise it would be deadly ineffective.

I mean you dont see people running around with two pistols in reallife - they tend to use just one.

There are probably more important issues at hand to solve before looking at that in the next some... years