project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: suse? where i dowload the game???  (Read 3944 times)

uld

suse? where i dowload the game???
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:02:53 pm »
Im use Suse and when i try pick up the game in repos gamers! dont work, what i can do for take it?

yast dont work i think...the install o ufoai
thanks

Offline richlv

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: suse? where i dowload the game???
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:24:08 pm »
way too little information. what version of suse/opensuse, what repos did you add, what did you try to install, what did and what did not work.

tivasyk

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 11:04:44 pm »
opensuse 10.3 -- the game's in the pacman repository (can't remember the version, sorry).
opensuse 11.1 -- the game's in the pacman repository (version 2.2.1 currently).

i haven't tested the repo installation though as i currently have a 2.2.0 installed from a universal .run package, need to uninstall it before trying installation from repository. version 2.2.1 .run package didn't work for me with opensuse 10.3 by the way (some library missing), i didn't have the inspiration to investigate =/

imho you should always try repository installation first. if you want to try installing from the .run package -- download the package from the ufoai download section on sourceforge, and remember the location of the .run file. open terminal window, cd to the folder  and run sh ufoai-2.2.1-[...].run as root:

Code: [Select]
sudo sh ufoai-[...].run
then provide the root password and wait until the installation is complete. run with

Code: [Select]
ufoai
or create appropriate menu entry.

p.s. how do i uninstall ufoai using .run packages?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:13:26 pm by tivasyk »

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:53:20 pm »
To add many commonly used repositories, see OpenSuSE Restricted Formats.

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 09:00:46 am »
There is a problem with the repo version of the game on openSuse, read here for more details: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3250.0