project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Searching translators  (Read 139240 times)

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Searching translators
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2008, 04:44:43 pm »
Could also you try "make update-po; ./update_po_from_wiki.sh de" with the 2.2 release? Does it work on your system? I was testing on Debian testing and Ubuntu 7.10 and in both cases the updated_de.po file did no longer contain the msgids from the wiki, e.g. "intro_sentence1" (it was still there but commented!?!?).
I can run both those commands on debian etch (with branch 2.2 and trunk).

the de.po file shouldn't be 10% of its size after using "make update-po". There must be some problem here, which explains that "./update_po_from_wiki.sh de" doesn't work properly afterwards.
After using "make update-po", I get a file of 877 ko for de.po.
Could you give the output you get when using "make update-po", please ? (for example here: http://pastebin.ca/)

For info: you don't need to use ./update_po_from_wiki.sh. This script is made to copy the texts that has been translated in the wiki (http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/List_of_msgid) to the .po files. I think you just wanted to update the .po file with any new needed translations, so you just need to use "make update-po" (when it works), and then to edit the file with poedit.

Offline Rost

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:06 pm »
the de.po file shouldn't be 10% of its size after using "make update-po".

On my system "make update-po" still comments out very many msgids, e.g. "intro_sentence1". Could you double-check if this happens on your system too? Now I also know why the file size was so small: I edited it with KBabel which removed all commented lines in de.po.

For info: you don't need to use ./update_po_from_wiki.sh. This script is made to copy the texts that has been translated in the wiki (http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/List_of_msgid) to the .po files. I think you just wanted to update the .po file with any new needed translations, so you just need to use "make update-po" (when it works), and then to edit the file with poedit.

The quality of the German translation in the 2.2 release was so low that it hurt sometimes. In the last days I fixed many German translation errors in the Wiki. I just want to have them right now in the game. I do not feel like waiting until the next release. ;-)

And then I noticed that there were many untranslated strings, therefore I run "make update-po", and then all the trouble begun...

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:50 pm »
On my system "make update-po" still comments out very many msgids, e.g. "intro_sentence1". Could you double-check if this happens on your system too?
"intro_sentence1" is not commentized on my computer, but I use the revision with the source. You may have a problem if you use the binary release: make update-po search inside *.c code files AND inside *.ufo files for any msigs appearing in game. Therefore, if you don't have the source files, every msgids coming from those *.c files will be removed (you'll have only texts coming from *.ufo files).

The quality of the German translation in the 2.2 release was so low that it hurt sometimes. In the last days I fixed many German translation errors in the Wiki. I just want to have them right now in the game. I do not feel like waiting until the next release. ;-)
If you just want to update the german translation for 2.2 release, you don't need to use "make update-po": I used it just before releasing 2.2, so msgids are up-to-date.
All you need to do is:
1. Fix the translations with poedit in de.po
2. in the folder containing the ./ufo executable file, just type "make lang" to compile the new translation.

And that should be enough to have your new translation in game.

Offline Rost

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2008, 01:42:47 pm »
"intro_sentence1" is not commentized on my computer, but I use the revision with the source.

I downloaded and uncompressed the file "ufoai-2.2-source.tar.bz2". Is this the same version you use?
Is "intro_sentence1" commented on your system after running "make update-po"?

make update-po search inside *.c code files AND inside *.ufo files for any msigs appearing in game. Therefore, if you don't have the source files, every msgids coming from those *.c files will be removed (you'll have only texts coming from *.ufo files).

I did not find any *.ufo files within the source package. Where are they?!?

canahari

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:07 pm »
Hi!

Can you add please a Hungarian column to the msgid page of the wiki? :)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:49 pm »
you can do that yourself by editing the page - what is the locale abbrevation for hungary?

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »
I downloaded and uncompressed the file "ufoai-2.2-source.tar.bz2". Is this the same version you use?
I use svn branch 2.2, so I think it should be the same files than in "ufoai-2.2-source.tar.bz2" (but I don't know exactly what is inside this file).

Is "intro_sentence1" commented on your system after running "make update-po"?
No, it's not commented after running "make update-po" (and shouldn't be)

I guess this is packaged in a .pk3 file, but I don't know which one. This is probably in ./base/ folder.
In svn, all .ufo files are in the folder ./base/ufos/

canahari

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:14 pm »
you can do that yourself by editing the page - what is the locale abbrevation for hungary?

hu, I suppose.

So I can add the columns to all the 11 tables and it's done?
Is there a page on the wiki where I can try this editing thing...? I wouldn't like to mess anything up :S

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2008, 12:41:59 pm »

I think the *.ufo files are in ./base/0ufos.pk3 (this is a zip file)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
yes, there is the sandbox for editing tests:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Sandbox

FrancoC

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2008, 02:06:11 pm »
What is the status of italian translation? is there someone working on it?

I can spend some time on it, I see the 2.2 version needs some adjustments for italian, some text is not translated some other need fix as it overlaps graphics.

PauGNU

« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2008, 12:23:32 am »
Hi!

We would like to translate the game to catalan language. Do you need only the .mo file? Is there other file to translate?. What do we have to do once finished the translation?

Thanks!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2008, 12:32:55 am »
See the wiki link in the first post in this thread.

PauGNU

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:51 pm »
Hi

The link doesn't work...

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru