project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Searching translators  (Read 140327 times)

Serpentus

Searching translators
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 07:26:37 pm »
Yes, that is one of the reasons I wanted to update the file. I wanted to change it to es.po, well that and the grammar mistakes.... I'm trying to make the translation as more "generic" as possible, so people in my country (Chile) and in other countries understand it. Even though I think is far from being I good translation. That is why beta versions exist, right? =D

So, how can I?

Thanks
Serpentus

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 09:03:35 pm »
What's wrong with my proposal to post it as a patch item on sf? I will then commit it to SVN...

canahari

Searching translators
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 06:06:30 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"
if you want to get your language finished read the texts in http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/ufoai/ufoai/trunk/src/docs/ about weapon and techs.

Hello!

I've read the first two docs here, and I've found some strange things in the descriptions. The alien-types doc contains some conflicting sentences; for example:

Ortnok:
[in notes section]
"The fact that they are genetically altered and that they do not seem to have any functional reproduction organs suggests that they are clones made by some as yet unknown alien species."
vs
[autopsy section]
"The reproductive organs of this species are very active, only ceasing to function 14 hours after death."

And:

"Conquered by the Antareans centuries past, they are now slaves in their empire."
vs.
[notes]
"... they are clones made by some as yet unknown alien species." and "But currently this is only a assumption because there is no evidence proving the existence of such a master-species." But we know that the Antareans rule them, don't we?!

And:

"The females are kept in breeding pits, ensuring the Antareans are never short of shock troops."
vs.
"they are clones"

These are, I know, "explicable" things, but are illogical. And, btw, the "notes" section isn't "Combat notes"? The Ortnok "notes" looks like an autopsy report (DNA inspection, etc).

canahari

Searching translators
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:00 pm »
Quote from: "canahari"
if you want to get your language finished
"The females are kept in breeding pits, ensuring the Antareans are never short of shock troops."
vs.
"they are clones"

Ok, I changed my mind, these aren't conflicting. But the others are. :)

skilari

Finnish translation
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:59 pm »
I could do the Finnish translation (I'm a native:) but just don't expect it to be fast or anything...

I'm not a professional, but I think I can handle it...

canahari

Searching translators
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:29 pm »
... And I'll try to make a Hungarian translation.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006, 01:10:59 pm »
Quote from: "canahari"
Ok, I changed my mind, these aren't conflicting. But the others are. :)

Thanks for your remarks. If you find more, please mark them on the talk repective talk pages on the wiki. Alien descriptions will change a lot, now that the storyline is taking shape. Weapon description, OTOH, should not change that much, so if you find anything there, please correct/mark it on the wiki. Thanks!

Rei

Searching translators
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2006, 09:36:38 pm »
There's some serious logic and technical problems with what's currently in the docs, but we're not allowed to change much about them (except for things like typos), so it's what we have to deal with, unfortunately.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2006, 04:54:10 am »
You talk about the storyline? Because the rest of the wiki is open and free. :)

Hideaki

Searching translators
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2006, 04:23:04 pm »
Hi all,

I was facinated with X-COM but this game was rare in Japan since no one played PC games or for that matter, games in Englsih at that time, even now no. But now I want to make it a little more popular so let me do a Japanese translation.

Currently I'm editing a .pot file by comparing it to some en.po file.

Where do I post the file when I'm done? Do I have to compile it first and test? not too sure how it is done.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 06:24:23 pm »
I don't have an answer to your question, but I suggest you look at this thread. I don't know what happened to Arkblade's translation, but since it's not listed on the wiki I can only assume it went the way of all good things.

Offline Turalyon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 03:32:35 pm »
hello

I could do the german translation. I'm a german native and a writer for english language stories.

Beside that I'm a hobby proof reader for both english and german texts :)

If you need the help, send me an email to son-goku@arcor.de

Regards
Turalyon

Offline Moe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 04:38:29 pm »
join in ufi:ai irc im there often.
im one who translate to german but im quite slow so ya welcome a lot to help

Offline Turalyon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 08:55:56 pm »
Where is the IRC located?

I can't access the ufo.myexp.de site right now.

Offline Moe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Searching translators
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 10:45:34 pm »
irc is a chat

get some chatprogram and join in (i think its said somewhere how to do exactley on the wiki page when its up again)

edit: heres the link how it works http://ufo.myexp.de/wiki/index.php/Contact