project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: CodeBlocks Crashing, Massive Number of Build Warnings Recently  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
CodeBlocks Crashing, Massive Number of Build Warnings Recently
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:59:05 pm »
Just thought I'd let the coders know, over the past several days many SVN snapshots crash CodeBlocks, and those that don't compile the project with over a thousand and a half warnings, as opposed to over a week ago when there were only ~23 or so warnings.

I also wanted to upload a new dev build over the weekend, but kept getting very unstable builds with bugs that made the test installer unplayable.

I'm still using the same machine, same setup, same pre-packaged Codeblocks package that Mattn uploaded, etc., I'm not sure what's going on.

I've attached some logs from Codeblocks - am I doing something wrong?  Did the dependencies or setup for CodeBlocks change?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
Re: CodeBlocks Crashing, Massive Number of Build Warnings Recently
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »
there was a commit enabled all possible warnings while compiling. So, look to logs and revert it. And build itself is stable enougth for me, except Radiant, what doesn`t run at all.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:09:44 pm »
mattn doesn't want to revert it in the SVN itself though. Also, it's easier to just change the option manually. Activate the ufo project, go to build options, then additional options and remove the last two -W statements there.

Also, C::B crashes for me too. It's actually random, with no relation to the actual SVN revision.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:14:55 pm »
there was a commit enabled all possible warnings while compiling. So, look to logs and revert it.

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your English in this statement, no offense intended - Could you please rephrase that or state it another way?

A more important question - Do I need to change any settings or do anything different to build UFO:AI?

I've been simply opening the workspace file and selecting "rebuild workspace" every time.

UPDATE:  Looks like you posted at about the same time, BTAxis - Is removing the two -W statements needed for the game to run better?  If the end result isn't any different, should I just go on as usual when Codeblocks doesn't crash?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:19:53 pm »
The result isn't any different. I just find compilation takes much longer with the options on (because of all the message printing).

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:43:53 pm »
I'd strongly recommend to permanently remove those two -W options.
- As many of the generated warnings come from the std includes, what you're gonna do about it ??
- C::B is obviously not capable of handling them. It never crashed on me before.

Furthermore I get a lot of linking errors with current svn (rev 20029), e.g.
D:\UFO\src\client\cl_actor.c|256|undefined reference to `va'|
D:\UFO\src\client\cl_actor.c|256|undefined reference to `Cvar_Set'|

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:12:19 pm »
Update: Link errors are gone, probably because I let the update to rev 20030 replace ufo.cbp.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:13:40 am »
I also remove the -ansi  few day ago, it create a lot (euphemism) warning on Windows. Its a mistake if i commit it, but without it, we can compile in peace :)