project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aircraft Jet-Engine Sound (Link)  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Aircraft Jet-Engine Sound (Link)
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
http://www.destructavator.com/public/Jet-Engine1.zip

I know that this WAV might sound a bit primitive as it is, but with proper pitch-shifting and EQing, along with chorus and ambient FX I've found that this sound I've come up with can be manipulated to sound kind-of like a jet aircraft engine.  (If you don't believe me, try it!  Even the free tools like Audacity can do a lot with it.)

It might be good for cinematics with aircraft.

If it can be used, I'll release it under CC Sampling Plus, whatever the latest version is, if that's compatible.

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Jet-Engine Sound (Link)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:00:27 pm »
It's obviously from a low-bypass jet engine - the kind you get on military fighter jets. Be careful not to use it for things like civilian jets, because those are frequently high-bypass turbofans, which are a lot quieter and different sounds start to emerge.

The sample has a lot of popping, though. That'd be my only real problem with it.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Jet-Engine Sound (Link)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:44:46 am »
Sounds like you know much more than I do about aircraft - This sound clip wasn't sampled, but synthetically created by accident in my DAW and I thought it reminded me of a jet engine.

Thanks for the tip - At some point I'll see if I can find somewhere some samples to compare it to, because honestly I'm not sure what different jet engines are supposed to sound like exactly.