project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Questions on soldier's stat  (Read 4533 times)

fuuuu

Questions on soldier's stat
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:14:02 pm »
Hey all, first of all I'd like to say this is a game with great potential and I've already had many hours of enjoyment playing with it.

I have had a look around the forum and the wiki however threads with answers tend to be over 1-2 years old and does not sound current.

onto the questions

1) What effects does weapon skill have on the weapon? one of the useful piece of information I have encountered is this;

"A soldier with a big High-Explosives skill is better at landing the charge at the spot where he wants it: at the feet of the enemy or, if the spot is unreachable, still close enough to harm him. A soldier trained in this skill will also be more attuned to a launcher's recoil and more accustomed to its fire trajectory, increasing accuracy. "

What are implications for Assault, Heavy, Sniper, Close combat weapon skills? As in, does it increase its TU, damage, accuracy, recoil and reload efficiency?

2) I had read up on the 2.3 Stats growth system and i think its much better compared to the 2.2 system. However, the latest 2.3 Dev version has one too many bugs in it. Is it possible to have the 2.3 stats growth system in the 2.2.1 version of the game? This can be in methods of a transfer of a file, or editing of a file. If it is possible, how do i do this?

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
Re: Questions on soldier's stat
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:58:39 pm »
> 2) I had read up on the 2.3 Stats growth system and i think its much better compared to the 2.2 system. However, the latest 2.3 Dev version has one too many bugs in it. Is it possible to have the 2.3 stats growth system in the 2.2.1 version of the game? This can be in methods of a transfer of a file, or editing of a file. If it is possible, how do i do this?
Yes, if you make a patch and made your own 2.2.2 version.
But in general answer is «No».

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:14:31 am »
weapon skills improve shot precision. (width of Gaussian spread depends on accuracy and the weapon class specific skill)

TU cost for weapon use cannot be reduced.

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:23:02 am »
fuuuu

With regard to having 2.3 skill system in 2.2, One of the problems would be that it would break the save games.  Any change to 2.2 generally wont add new features and definatly shouldn't break savegames.

Hopefully we will be able to push out 2.3 for people to use instead of trying to retrofit 2.2.

Steve

Offline ghosta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:43 pm »
weapon skills improve shot precision. (width of Gaussian spread depends on accuracy and the weapon class specific skill)

TU cost for weapon use cannot be reduced.

Is the damage a fix parameter or does it also spread?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »
It spreads a little, but within 10% of average or so, mostly.

fuuuu

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 04:46:03 pm »
Thanks for the info provided, can't wait for 2.3 to be released.