project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.3 dev version for mac question  (Read 24904 times)

Offline dunadin777

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: 2.3 dev version for mac question
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:35 am »
checking jpeglib.h usability... no
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: error: You must have the JPEG development headers

I know I'm reviving a long dead thread, but I'm currently stuck at this point in the compilation process. I'm running a PPC on 10.5, and I have xcode, gettext, and fink installed. The responses to doc.torr seemed to indicate that he needed to install gettext to fix this problem, but this error persists for me even though I do have it installed. Did I miss something in the crush of other information? Or do I need to run an update of gettext even though I downloaded it within the week?

I have very little in the way of code skills, so please couch all advice and instructions in explicit language, so I don't have to ask for repeated clarification. I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby paws on version 2.3, so please be patient with my impatience, yes?  ;D

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 09:19:09 pm »
You may need to install jpeg.

Kleiman-ibook:~ michael$ port provides /opt/local/include/jpeglib.h
/opt/local/include/jpeglib.h is provided by: jpeg
Kleiman-ibook:~ michael$ port info jpeg
jpeg @8a (graphics)
Variants:             universal

Description:          This distribution contains the eighth public release of
                      the Independent JPEG Group's free JPEG software. You are
                      welcome to redistribute this software and to use it for
                      any purpose, subject to the conditions under LEGAL ISSUES,
                      below. Serious users of this software (particularly those
                      incorporating it into larger programs) should contact IJG
                      at jpeg-info@uunet.uu.net to be added to our electronic
                      mailing list. Mailing list members are notified of updates
                      and have a chance to participate in technical discussions,
                      etc.
Homepage:             http://www.ijg.org/

Platforms:            darwin, freebsd, sunos
License:              unknown
Maintainers:          waqar@macports.org
Kleiman-ibook:~ michael$

Offline dunadin777

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 12:41:04 am »
So I've now made it just a little bit farther down the ./configure line, and I'm instead getting stopped here:

checking for /opt/local/bin/sdl-config... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find /opt/local/bin/sdl-config might fail to find SDL!
checking for library containing IMG_LoadTyped_RW... no
configure: error: You must have the SDL_image development libraries

I've copied over the SDL frameworks, but that's it. Was there something else that was supposed to be transferred over with the SDL files? Also, when I try running the fink updates listed above, I get a message saying it is unavailable. Might this be linked to the sdl_image development libraries?

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 06:29:05 am »
There's a number of additional SDL libraries.

If you're having trouble with this, grab the official distribution and copy ALL of the libraries and frameworks.

Offline dunadin777

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 08:15:54 am »
So I now seem to be within spitting distance of having the game properly setup. I'm on the make macinstaller step, and after installing a large number of files, I am confronted with this error:

Code: [Select]
---- filesystem initialization -----
Adding game dir: /usr/local/share/ufoai/base
Adding game dir: /Users/ben/Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base
Adding game dir: ./base
using ./base for writing
- model 'models/aircraft/craft_arm_plate/plating.md2'
Error: R_ModForName: unknown fileid for models/aircraft/craft_arm_plate/plating.md2
make: *** [base/models/aircraft/craft_arm_plate/plating.mdx] Error 1

Keybounce, I believe you had mentioned this problem yourself in the Current issues with 2.3 PPC build thread, and I assume you had found a workaround for this issue? I'm so close to playing on the new geoscape with the revamped campaign, I can hardly wait!

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 11:55:56 pm »
Yea, dang it.

Let me see if I can re-create what I did to fix that.
It was an issue with macports, and I thought I submitted the patch to them.

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:35 pm »
Ahh. Now I remember.

The libsdl port in MacPorts does not properly work when compiled universal.
It hard codes a single byteswap order, and it hardcodes the x86 order.

The fix was to delete the -- from memory here -- #DEFINE BYTEORDER line from libsdl.h, and then at run-time it tests and determines on its own what the order is.

See if you see that line, and if so, clobber it.
Meanwhile, I'll double check with the macports people.

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 12:02:35 am »
As I reported to them:

stbmac:trunk Michael$ port provides /opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h
/opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h is provided by: libsdl
stbmac:trunk Michael$ port installed libsdl
The following ports are currently installed:
 libsdl @1.2.13_6+universal
 libsdl @1.2.14_8+universal (active)
stbmac:trunk Michael$

I've got the right version installed and active? Right?

stbmac:trunk Michael$ egrep BYTE  /opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h
#define SDL_BYTEORDER 1234
Remove that line from that file, and it should work.

EDIT: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23674
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:06:49 am by keybounce »

Offline dunadin777

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »
So with the previous advice I was finally able to compile the dmg file and copy it over to my applications folder. I was surprised to notice that the version listed was 2.4, since I thought I'd followed the instructions for downloading 2.3. In any case, when I open up the UFO:AI file as compiled, it opens up a red-tinted version of the load screen and freezes without loading anything. When I check my console log, it gives the following message:

Code: [Select]
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Contrast.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Contrast and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions.
7/1/10 2:58:24 PM com.apple.launchd[189] ([0x0-0x43d43d].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[98206]) Exited: Killed
7/1/10 2:59:12 PM com.apple.launchd[189] ([0x0-0x446446].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[98236]) Exited: Killed

Am I still missing that one special ingredient? The messages seem to be referring to my display settings, so is it possible that this is related to my 1440x900 monitor resolution? Or is this a problem related to running version 2.4 on a 10.5 PPC? Should I just resign myself to enjoying 2.2?