project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: (Vid Link) Another Intro Attempt (need a modeled Alien hand)  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
(Vid Link) Another Intro Attempt (need a modeled Alien hand)
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:17:06 pm »
http://www.destructavator.com/public/Aint3b.avi

Being sick the last few days, I couldn't sleep much so I spent a little time getting better at Blender and my video editing software and came up with a start to another game intro.  I know we tried more than once to make an intro RoQ, and this clip is by no means complete, but just an idea.  Yes, I know its rough in many ways, but its a start of an idea.  If this looks like something that could be built upon, what I could really use is a high-detail modeled alien hand, the one in this clip is just a panned still-shot from a Taman model.  I'd also like to add more to the alien display, flashing and moving alien letters, etc.

With regard to giving proper credit, some of the graphics are from the svn - not the trunk - but from components sitters came up with, I hope its not a problem.  BTW, where is sitters these days?  He did phenomenal work here, I miss seeing his contributions...

This is a 640x480 Xvid (for now).

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: (Vid Link) Another Intro Attempt (need a modeled Alien hand)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:51:39 pm »
Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:58:58 pm »
Yeah, the whole idea is to imply looking at the Earth from space with everything peaceful - at first - only to then realize that an alien is watching and controlling an interface from inside an alien spacecraft, selecting the Earth to plot a course towards it and then invade it.

As seen in a previous post, I already have an ending - the "UFO: ALIEN INVASION" text zooming out, I just need to get everything in-between.  If anyone is willing to help, by all means don't be too shy to post here, even if you only have time (or expertise) to help with a small part of it.

Also, if Winter and the others can suggest a script or basic idea of what should go in-between, that would be nice, as I haven't completed ideas of what the intro should be like.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:00:42 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:51:43 pm »
Here, this one came out a little better, in the first one I incorrectly placed the Earth's textured surface around the globe and made a few other errors:

http://www.destructavator.com/public/A_int4.avi

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 12:11:08 am »
Very cool, Destructavator!

In order to bring the zoom-out of Earth together a bit more, maybe consider having the moon and maybe the sun come into focus as the Earth spins, because the viewpoint is clearly rotating around the Earth and should be picking up something.

Regards,
Winter

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:55 pm »
cool.