project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About updating from svn  (Read 3371 times)

Sticky Mcbud

About updating from svn
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:17:27 pm »
ok when i update the svn and recompile two questions.

First does it overwrite the already compiled maps ect...

Second do i have to recompile all the maps again and rebuild the pk3 files for the new build.

Sorry once again i am very new to this. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:50:26 pm by Sticky Mcbud »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: About updating from svn
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:00 pm »
no, it only compiles the binaries - not the maps - and calling the batch file will only (re-)compile those maps, that were changed in the meantime. you also don't need pk3 files if you are using a svn checkout.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:21:16 pm »
your working copy has versioned and non-versioned files. the *.map files will be changed when you checkout or update your working copy.

when you compile them you get *.bsp files (which ufo uses). these files are not versioned, so svn update will not change them. hope that's clear!

so if you can't be bothered to recompile the maps you can keep using the old compiled ones. this works until a smart-arse dev introduces new maps or renames some or whatever. then you will get an error in the ufo console about a missing bsp (or something). then you must recompile the maps.

Sticky Mcbud

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:08:47 pm »
no worries on the recompileing the maps i was just making sure i was not doing too much when i get a new build to test. 

another question about the svn updateing... i am presuming when a file is taken out of the svn like just recently when the industrial map was removed as it was not needed anymore.   I have to manually delete it from my working version correct?

Offline ghosta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:06:20 pm »
just the industrial.bsp file. industrial.map gets deleted