project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weapon ideas  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Weapon ideas
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »
If there was similar thread, I apologize-I browsed through section a bit but found nothing...

Basically, it seems to me kinda unrealistic to have laser and bolter weapons research at start. In research proposal, there's said they "have some ideas." Going from ideas to perfectly working weaponry in a month, that's strange. The greatest problem with these weapons is energy requirements, and that's not a thing to be solved so quickly...I believe these weapons should unlock after player researches first plasma weapon, since it might provide solution to this. But, what should player start with? There are some weapons projects banned, but since humanity is now facing enemy that isn't bound by human moral standards...

Another possible thing is "hybrid" weaponry, modifying plasma weapons to fit human ergonomics, and possibly enhancing them with some human features like laser sights etc...and applying plasma technology, who wants plasma based flamethrower? ;D

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:21:29 pm »
It's 2084. Tech is far better. So it could go faster, especially when you have alien thingies to look at.

Yes, the game is not completely logical or consistent, I know. I doubt any game is. Design decisions.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »
And just that "look at alien thingies" I had in mind. You won't get much ideas from a brief look, but having a fully functional weapon to work with, that's different. And yes, I realize it can't be fully logical, since developing working laser weapon, even with all tech researched, would take months at least.