project-navigation
Personal tools

Poll

Has anyone else experienced the scientist problem?

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
What the hell are you talking about?!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 24, 2006, 09:28:12 am

Author Topic: No scientist after completion of first research item on RC3  (Read 2095 times)

cwru53

After I complete my first research item (so far just medi kit), I have no scientists and can complete no research. I even built another base and more quarters to see if they would reappear. Still no scientist on first base and second base I have not built a lab.

Also, transfer personel does not work.  

In addition, could not find where to purchase more scientists as you could in the old X-com.

This version is built with SVN and make release.  I had to use the map pack instead of building because my ufo2map always came back with 'could not find //.game directory'.

In addition, in the Makefile for the maps, you must set the variable for ufo2map to ./ufo2map for it to even run.  This may be due to permissions on my end, but I am not sure.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: No scientist after completion of first research item on
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:59:55 pm »
Quote from: "cwru53"
After I complete my first research item (so far just medi kit), I have no scientists and can complete no research. I even built another base and more quarters to see if they would reappear. Still no scientist on first base and second base I have not built a lab.

It is already reported on the bugtracker on sf, isn't it?

Also, transfer personel does not work.  

In addition, could not find where to purchase more scientists as you could in the old X-com.

Yup, the game in not complete, yet.

This version is built with SVN and make release.

For me, "make release" does not work at all. I would advise to use just "make" for now --- you also get more useful error messages.

I had to use the map pack instead of building because my ufo2map always came back with 'could not find //.game directory'.

Don't use "make release". This particular problem is fixed in a patch about "make release" (for whatever reason the patch is not applied in SVN trunk), but even with this patch "make release" is not quite ready to use.

In addition, in the Makefile for the maps, you must set the variable for ufo2map to ./ufo2map for it to even run.  This may be due to permissions on my end, but I am not sure.

Sure, you have to set the path. Is is clearly documented on the wiki. E.g. "PATH=$PATH:../../debugi386/ make" (but it won't work with "make release"!).