project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Civilian shoots at me with RF?  (Read 2898 times)

MerlinCleric

Civilian shoots at me with RF?
« on: September 05, 2008, 07:25:43 pm »
Hello everyone,

First of all, let me give a big hand to the developers of UFO:AI. I have just started playing this game since several days ago, and I find it highly interactive and interesting. The game has a detailed strategy system too (with the LoS, LoF, RF etc.) and I love this game.

I am currently playing 'Bunker01' map in which you need to protect a military base from the aliens. It is April 30 and my arsenal consists of:

2x Riot Shotguns
1x Laser Rifle
1x Heavy Laser
1x Grenade Launcher
2x Sniper Rifle
1x Laser Pistol (Medic)

So, as usual, I divided my squad into two teams.
Team 1 consists of 1 shotgunner, 1 rifleman, 1 sniper and 1 grenadier.
Team 2 consists of 1 shotgunner, 1 HL, 1 sniper and the medic.

I sent team 1 straight inside the building at level 2, while team 2 up the stairs to level 3.
Behind my first team, a military civilian follows. He is the one we need to be concerned about.

Just as they entered the building, two aliens came and started shooting at them. Luckily, our RF was enough to kill them both.
Team 1 continued their advance and then, two more aliens popped up and gunfire ensues.
Team 2, directly on top of these aliens, rolled down grenades and killed them.

Now, the problem arises. When I clicked 'end turn', I saw a plasma shot hitting my grenadier, so when it was my turn, I looked back. Just as my grenadier walked back, the civilian started shooting at him with RF. He had 6 hp, and was killed by the civilian. I double-checked to ensure that he was a civilian, and indeed he was.

There was nothing suspicious about the civilian except that he picked up the plasma pistol that was dropped by one of the aliens I killed at the entrance. Is it a bug, or do alien weapons control their human wielders upon being picked up?

Other than that, the game is pretty nice. Except for the beginning when I nearly gave up losing several times on tactical mode, this is a great game overall. Keep it up!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:27:20 pm by MerlinCleric »

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Civilian shoots at me with RF?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:36:24 pm »
LOL ;D

This is a good one. Looks like some bug. Any human with a weapons should be shooting at aliens. Maybe it tried to hit an alien but hit you instead?

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:19:14 pm »
If you search this forum, you will find that there is already a thread about this bug. You may wish to check it out.

MerlinCleric

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:32:43 pm »
TrashMan: It's a military 'civilian' with a plasma pistol shooting at my grenadier, yes, my grenadier, because I moved him twice, and twice he was shot by RF.

BAM: Your comment would be much more helpful if you could just include the link to this 'other thread about this bug'

Offline shazzi2k

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:03:08 pm »
lmfao reading that make me chuckle  ;D