project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can anyone give the exact options for doxygen to get the all the UML diagrams?  (Read 2964 times)

Moleth

Hi everyone. I just saw the project a few days ago and I got to say I m exited...
XCOM was the first game I ever played on my first PC and played it like crazy for years.

I 've been coding for 3 years in C# but have started learning C/C++ just for this beauty here.
I have also got 3 years of experience with 3DS MAX for the modeling part..

I downloaded the CODE::Blocks IDE, loaded the project files and compiled everything perfectly :)

I also downloaded doxygen (awesome program) to get the documentation but had a few problems with the
UML diagrams, mostly the Sequence diagrams. I have installed successfully Graphviz with dot and the Mscgen
plugin and they seem to be working ok.

The problem is that some of the times I try to make the documents the links are incomplete and the document
says it can t find them or some files are not in at all. A few times it might give me an error that dot crashed while
creating the docs. These things only happen when I try to get the diagrams. It would save me a lot of time of code
reading if I had the Class and Sequence diagrams...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 Can anyone tell me the exact options I should set in doxygen to get the documents looking like the ones in the example
in http://ufoai.ninex.info/doxygen/? I am using these for now but as it says they are probably outdated.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PS: I m using the GUI version of doxygen 1.5.6.
PS2: The first thing I want to implement is the addition of a few more "classic" weapons like an AK-47, a Desert Eagle and
so on. I can handle anything from the modeling, coding and sounds for them. Well I still need to catch up of a few C stuff...
If I do will they be included?

Thanks a lot in advance and keep up the good work. This thing rocks.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Update.... I solved most of the problems. The only once I can t get to work now is the sequence diagrams that I should be
getting from the Mscgen plugin... It just doesn t create them even if I choose all the diagrams option in the options. Class
and collaboration work fine.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:02:58 am by Moleth »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
sorry, i've never used that plugin and i'm only using doxygen with linux.

The weapons you are trying to add to the game can only be used for a) multiplayer b) civilians

But as we plan to implement defending civilians, too - this would be a nice addition. We can of course collect the items everytime in the game from died civs, but there won't be any ufopedia article for an "old" ak47 or desert eagle .... just to remind you ;)

anyway, i'm looking forward to have a coder, modeller and sound artist (but keep in mind, that everything must be released under gpl or compatible opensource license) contributing to the game. Once you've submitted your first patches and they are fine, you can get svn write access if you want it.

hope to hear back from you and see your contributions
martin