project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: APC Magazine reference to UFO as one of top 5 open source games  (Read 3570 times)

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Guys

Here is a mention of UFO:AI in APC Magazine.  This is a very popular computer magazine here in Australia.

http://apcmag.com/top_5_best_free_open_source_games.htm

Steve

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: APC Magazine reference to UFO as one of top 5 open source games
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:07:06 pm »
I find it satisfying that we're listed before Wesnoth. That's because Wesnoth is widely considered as one of the best OS games out there, but I don't like it much.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:36:23 am »
I find it satisfying that we're listed before Wesnoth. That's because Wesnoth is widely considered as one of the best OS games out there, but I don't like it much.

Yeah, Wesnoth completely fails to impress me. I don't know what people see in it.

It's funny that I've never even heard of the #1 on that list . . .

Regards,
Winter

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:04:02 pm »
Wesnoth is cool. I like it.

Offline OldMan88

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »
I'm very surprised.

I love Wesnoth and it's very original. It's also a full game without missing features. But then of course I hate the single player experience of it - I only play multi-player. Out of the three game there that I have played, I would rate it at the top.

Also, I can't judge FreeCiv on it's own, I have owned Civ 2-4 and I always compare FreeCiv to those games, and that just makes it feel so old and outdated.

Haven't played the other two.

I suppose at this stage UFO:AI is the opposite to Wesnoth for me: I play single player but I am yet to play multi-player (I am one of those lazy people that doesn't play multi-player unless there is a dedicated multi-player-server-tracker).