project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 426156 times)

Offline Ollum

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #525 on: June 02, 2010, 10:39:22 am »
i have installed 30111. the game is not even starting - only the console appears for a half second. what can i do?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:49:03 am by Ollum »

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 02, 2010, 11:16:45 am »
Funny thing, I just put up a new one - 2.3 branch, DEBUG:

http://www.destructavator.com/92dl/ufoai/ufoai_2_3_r30221.exe
Thanks for the upload destructavator, but still no dynamic light reflections in the maps like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6k9pR3sRv8&feature=related . Anyone got the time to upload a new installer where this works?

Thanks

Offline Ollum

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 02, 2010, 02:01:01 pm »
30221 is working thx. nice game!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 03, 2010, 07:46:25 am »
Thanks for the upload destructavator, but still no dynamic light reflections in the maps like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6k9pR3sRv8&feature=related . Anyone got the time to upload a new installer where this works?

Thanks

All the maps were fully rebuilt from scratch in that installer.  Nothing was modified from the SVN code.

I'd say that either it's an issue with a change in the code (a bug?), or an issue with configuration on your system - That or something new in the code ended up with a result that has some compatibility issue with your hardware.

I wouldn't blame the installer in this case, not unless the light reflections are different between "debug" and "release" targets.

It could also be that specific revision number, some snapshots work better than others, some don't work at all - keep in mind that these SVN snapshot installers are from development where people are actively working on the code.

EDIT: Actually, I now realize I may have misunderstood you - that's what I get for coming into the forum at 2:00 AM.   :P  I'll try to upload another installer sometime within the next day or so.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:49:21 am by Destructavator »

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2010, 04:34:02 pm »
EDIT: Actually, I now realize I may have misunderstood you - that's what I get for coming into the forum at 2:00 AM.   :P  I'll try to upload another installer sometime within the next day or so.

Possible you missed my post on page 35, where im talking about it more particularly.
Thanks alot, im very appreciate it that you take the time to work that out. :)

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 04, 2010, 08:17:30 am »
The problem is on your side!

Destructavator compiled the maps without the /fast switch ...

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »
The problem is on your side!

Destructavator compiled the maps without the /fast switch ...

How that? i cant believe that... i got nvidia geforce 7600GT and i play alot other new games where are alot better graphic effects like shader 3.0..  im use winXP servicepack 3 and all drivers up to date, microsoft visual c++  2010, microsoft netframework all packs (2.0 to 3.5) installed.

did you used that installer pack from destructavator and saw the dynamic lighning effect? and if this works with your pc... you use ati or nvidia graphic-card?

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2010, 08:19:38 pm »
How that? i cant believe that... i got nvidia geforce 7600GT and i play alot other new games where are alot better graphic effects like shader 3.0..  im use winXP servicepack 3 and all drivers up to date, microsoft visual c++  2010, microsoft netframework all packs (2.0 to 3.5) installed.

did you used that installer pack from destructavator and saw the dynamic lighning effect? and if this works with your pc... you use ati or nvidia graphic-card?

One thing I've noticed about the software that comes with NVidia drivers is that the NVidia stuff frequently misidentifies UFO:AI as one of the UFO: After(whatever) games, and tries to use non-default settings intended for that series of games.

I would suggest looking at the NVidia control panel and forcing or overriding some graphics options specific for games, so that it uses the defaults you want instead.

I have an NVidia graphics card, and I had to do this as well to make the game work properly.

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2010, 08:49:52 pm »
One thing I've noticed about the software that comes with NVidia drivers is that the NVidia stuff frequently misidentifies UFO:AI as one of the UFO: After(whatever) games, and tries to use non-default settings intended for that series of games.

I would suggest looking at the NVidia control panel and forcing or overriding some graphics options specific for games, so that it uses the defaults you want instead.

I have an NVidia graphics card, and I had to do this as well to make the game work properly.

half right/ half wrong :)
The nvidia drivers detects the game as ufo:afterlight, but all settings are default... and im use the newest driver 197.45 from nvidia.
i got alot experience with pc stuff... and i still thinking that this is not my fault that i dont got "Dynamic Lighning Reflections" ingame, dont forget im not talking about the "static lighning".

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »
half right/ half wrong :)
The nvidia drivers detects the game as ufo:afterlight, but all settings are default... and im use the newest driver 197.45 from nvidia.
i got alot experience with pc stuff... and i still thinking that this is not my fault that i dont got "Dynamic Lighning Reflections" ingame, dont forget im not talking about the "static lighning".

Well, I really don't know what to tell you - I compiled and built those packages without any changes or doing anything special, other than what I state in the post.  As far as "experience with pc stuff" I have that too, for me it really took off in the latter 1990s, then I started working as a tech professionally when I got my A+ cert 2001, been working ever since in various places, and I also taught student technicians at what is now a college.  I've also done programming before on other, older systems going all the way back to the 1980s, even doing some work in assembly code on the C64 computers way back then.

Perhaps if you check your console log, the game may report something out-of-place that would give clues to why you don't have the lighting effects you want.  (In a separate thread please, under bugs.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:11:54 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »
Well, I really don't know what to tell you - I compiled and built those packages without any changes or doing anything special, other than what I state in the post.  As far as "experience with pc stuff" I have that too, for me it really took off in the latter 1990s, then I started working as a tech professionally when I got my A+ cert 2001, been working ever since in various places, and I also taught student technicians at what is now a college.  I've also done programming before on other, older systems going all the way back to the 1980s, even doing some work in assembly code on the C64 computers way back then.

Perhaps if you check your console log, the game may report something out-of-place that would give clues to why you don't have the lighting effects you want.  (In a separate thread please, under bugs.)

Thanks for the quick reply, i try to check my ufolog. i just was hoping thats a compile error in maps... cause muton said this in a earlier post (2 weelks ago) in a other tread. i wont post no longer about this bug or what ever it is in this tread again.. and thanks for the help.

btw a new installer upload would be nice :)

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 06, 2010, 08:00:35 am »
> cause muton said
Yes, i thought you compiled the game on your own

> new installer
Monday

Offline LuckyLindy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 07, 2010, 01:35:04 am »
Over the last couple of years I've been watching this game.  Awesome, guys!  This is on par for a Meritorious Service Medal and at least the Soldier's Medal.  (LuckyLindy salutes the staff and contributors of UFO:AI.)

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2010, 06:54:08 pm »
Game only, no Radiant, no sources
W2k support (Windows 2000)
no Admin right needed to install and uninstall

ufoai-2.3-dev-30387-Debug-pentium3-O1-sse-7z-small-win32.exe

Offline Arthur

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 07, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »
Thanks Muton,
Please, do not take it personally, but I only trust the installer from Destructavator ^.^

its a quirk from me ^^

MfG Arthur
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:34:05 pm by Arthur »